PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Utah!

pyrobeef
01-29-2020, 06:43 PM
Greetings from Utah! I have enjoyed fireworks my whole life. As a kid we were limited to what kind of fireworks we could use - nothing that went over 15 feet high. But in 2011 Utah legalized all repeater cake style fireworks, which has made the hobby much more enjoyable. I have shot electronically for many years, but have recently upgraded to a Cobra system - best move ever!. I have been watching Dave via displayfireworks1 Youtube videos for years, and recently joined the PyroTalk forums. There is a great deal of knowledge on here and I appreciate everyone for their insights and wealth of knowledge. Looking forward to many years learning and hopefully one day teaching on this forum!

ShorePyroTom
01-30-2020, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the forum pyrobeef! This forum is a wealth of information. I was able to get my ATF Type 54 because of it!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-30-2020, 06:40 PM
Welcome aboard PB! Always nice to have new blood in here. Tell us about your typical 4th of July show. Please post a like to some show video!

pyrobeef
03-08-2020, 10:55 PM
Thanks Rick_In_Tampa! I have been away from the pyro scene for some time. My brothers and I used to put on a fairly large show...when we were young adults. Of course, back then the laws in Utah were pretty strict...nothing that went over 15 feet high and nothing "fun". The laws have changed since then, and I have spent the last 18 years starting a family, going to school, starting a career, etc. (you know how it goes). I am now to the point where I can really get back into the hobby. This coming July will be my first large show in a couple of decades. I decided to go all in and purchased the Cobra Firing System including the Audio Box and am attempting a pyromusical. I want to eventually get an ATF Type 54, but for this year I will be using just consumer product. I actually used the thread you started regarding audio equipment, etc to help me set up my audio as well. I pretty much followed Joe's advice and probably have much of the same equipment you purchased. So, thanks for that! I enjoy reading a learning from all the experts on this forum, and look forward to applying some of this knowledge in the years to come. Take care!

joewad
03-08-2020, 11:23 PM
Welcome aboard

Rick_In_Tampa
03-09-2020, 11:17 PM
Wow... Sounds like you're jumping back in with both feet! Great choice with the Cobra system. You're going to love it. The audio system I still don't understand, but I kn ow enough to make it work once a year on the 4th. Joe really hooked me up there. You're going to be happy with that system too.

Looking forward to seeing video of your show this year!

Wholesale Fireworks
03-10-2020, 09:55 AM
Welcome to Pyro Talk. Do you shoot more on the 4th or more for Pioneer Days? Just curious. We have a lot of customers we ship to later in the year for Pioneer Days.
Check us out if you get a chance http://www.wfboom.com

jkh43
03-11-2020, 11:55 AM
Pyrobeef, nice to see a fellow Utahn on the board. Sounds like you have quite the show planned for this year. I am not nearly as ambitious as you but am hoping to play some music during my show this year, with certain segments/boards going with certain songs or parts of songs, but certainly not a pyromusical, maybe someday. Where are you located? I am in Riverton. I am curious as to where you typically get your product? This is my fourth year ordering wholesale, my first and second year I did WFboom, last year was Fireworks Forever and Nite Lites/Little China, and this year I was back to WFBoom (Ray who posted above is great to work with). Would be interested in possibly going in with you (or any other Utahns) on future wholesale purchases as shipping can add up very quickly. I ordered 92 cases this year and sell-off quite a few of my extras to family and friends, so let me know if you might be interested in anything. Anyways, best of luck with your show this year and maybe we'll run into each other sometime.

-Jeremiah

displayfireworks1
06-05-2020, 08:39 PM
I see there are a lot of views on this thread. Curious what these Utah members are up to. Its always nice to hear from seldom heard from states using pyrotechnics