PDA

View Full Version : Shooters classes

Me,indypyro
01-29-2020, 02:27 PM
Hello all,
I was curious if/when any of the advertisers on here were scheduling shooters courses for 2020/ with or without demos. I know it's early for some,not me. Need to plan ya know. The 4th is coming up!!!!
Thanks

joewad
01-29-2020, 03:07 PM
You're gonna have to drive a bit, seems like all I've seen on here is Pennsylvania advertisers for shooters training 2020. I've not seen one on here close to Indy. Last year Casabella did one on their spring demo day. Lynch has in the past. But neither have anything posted on their websites for 2020. I'd shoot them an email, both are pretty quick on responding. Their is another vendor, not an advertiser here, located in Bowling Green Indiana that might be a source as well, if serious google is your friend.

Me,indypyro
01-29-2020, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the advice. I feel kinda dumb after the fact! I will email them and ask!! Especially Cassabella. They are reasonably close,and I was in Florida last year when they had it.

Birdman
01-29-2020, 09:16 PM
There's a PGI Display Operators Course scheduled near me with a demo. I'm thinking seriously of taking it but I'm not sure. I have no ambitions to pursue the 1.3 side of things, at least not now. Besides just hopefully learning something new and getting some 1.3 exposure, I'm not sure what else I will get out of it. Besides maybe getting to meet some other pyros. So with that said, maybe others that have taken this course can tell me if it's something worth doing?

PyroJoeNEPA
01-30-2020, 07:33 PM
Birdman--it will allow you access to 1.4gPro products--slice cakes, one shots, Tannerite cakes, etc.
There will be one at FireArt, Kellners, and anorher in March 28th in Danville PA at Whiteknights [have to confirm that with Brian}

Rick_In_Tampa
01-30-2020, 08:17 PM
Birdman - I took the DOC as a member of PGI out in Fargo a number of years ago. I'm not familiar with the version being taught anywhere else, but, assuming they use the same study book, it's worth it just to have that book. It's a valuable reference for how to set up a safe show of your own. In addition to everything PyroJoeNEPA said which is spot on.

Birdman
01-30-2020, 11:31 PM
Sounds worth it. I was going o to take Dave's class for access to AP, and still will because it seems to be more AP specific. I guess this will open up more options. I've taken many technical training courses for work and lots of them were pretty worthless. Most were just a way for my employer to say you were trained so now your our expert and/or so a vendor can sweeten a sale with some free training sessions or make a few extra bucks off their product selling training. But sounds like I may actually get something out of this. Looks like I'll register.

Thanks for the advice!