PDA

View Full Version : NYS Own and Possess Permit

Dakota
01-26-2020, 10:47 PM
Hello so today I have received my type 54 permit. I am living in ny, is the next step to be able to shoot off 1.3 product getting the own and possess permit? If so what do I need to do to get that? I have the application printed out but are there any requirement for it that I need to do before I fill it out and send it in?
Thank you!

displayfireworks1
01-28-2020, 01:47 PM
That looks like a business document to me. If you want to get into the fireworks display business talk with a business attorney. If you want to be a hobbyist go buy some fireworks with your new ATF license.

Mattp
01-29-2020, 08:35 AM
that is definitely a step that needs to be taken... ive looked into it before too... and in NY unless you want to open your own company.. doesnt seem to easy for hobbyists...the own and possess will allow you to buy, transport and store your fireworks... then you will need a shooters permit.. which will most likely take a few years to get.. working for a pro company and being the lead shooter on multiple shows..then you can take the test for shooter permit (which i hear is quite hard)... then if you do all that.. i guess it really depends on where you live in NY.. because you will most likely then need insurance, permits, AHJ on scene of show ... def seems like a lot of work for some hobbying.. but i also live in a very populated area of the state.. so may be more lenient up north... i started working for a company to keep options open.. .. but i do like daves idea too!!! LOL

Dakota
01-30-2020, 02:27 PM
But I won't be able to shoot them off in NY legally with just the type 54 right?

Dakota
01-30-2020, 02:29 PM
That looks like a business document to me. If you want to get into the fireworks display business talk with a business attorney. If you want to be a hobbyist go buy some fireworks with your new ATF license.

I wont be able to shoot them off with just the type 54 in NY though right? Even though Im like 10mins from the PA border I don't know anyone over there with land big enough.