PDA

View Full Version : Kellner's Open Shoot Questions

fireworkguy98
01-26-2020, 09:38 AM
Hey everyone, was hoping i could find someone that either works at Kellner's or goes to their open shoots a lot. I was looking over the flyer they have and just have a few questions that i hoped could be answered.

1. Is the actual open shoot where we can light what we bought on both Friday and Saturday? Or just on Friday?
2. Do i need to register if i'm just coming for the open shoot and not any of the classes?
3. Are there limits to how much product you can buy?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, Just inexperienced with open shoots, but excited to come to one! Hoping to make plans to get there this year!

ShorePyroTom
01-26-2020, 01:52 PM
Hey everyone, was hoping i could find someone that either works at Kellner's or goes to their open shoots a lot. I was looking over the flyer they have and just have a few questions that i hoped could be answered.

1. Is the actual open shoot where we can light what we bought on both Friday and Saturday? Or just on Friday?
2. Do i need to register if i'm just coming for the open shoot and not any of the classes?
3. Are there limits to how much product you can buy?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, Just inexperienced with open shoots, but excited to come to one! Hoping to make plans to get there this year!

How I understand the flyer is, the open night for the public to shoot fireworks purchased at Kellner's is Friday night only. It seems Saturday is reserved for them to display each product to the public and to their wholesale customers. I may be wrong, but that's how I interpret it. I did the fall open shoot in October ,so it was one night only, right after the PGI training course. It is fun, and you can buy as much as you want. They usually have great deals that night. Dave has video's posted regarding previous open shoot nights. If you haven't taken the course for getting a shooter certigficate from PGI I strongly recommend it. It is very informative and you get the chance to work with the big stuff. Its a great place to start if you have intentions on getting your ATF Type 54 license.

fireworkguy98
01-27-2020, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the advice, i'm really excited to go. Hoping to get some really good deals and meet some good pyro people!

Mattp
01-29-2020, 08:11 AM
hey firework guy,, welcome to the forum.. not sure how far you like to travel.. but in the next few months thery'll be quite a few demos and open shoots mostly around april and may... i see your in PA.. may be able to make kneppys,, i hear they have a great demo night... any questions you cannot find on here or on the websites of said companies.. im sure they will be very accommodating to help if you reached out to them

fireworkguy98
01-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Thanks, i was actually thinking of trying to go to a couple. i was just waiting to see the information come out for them.