PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from South Central PA

Lonely Bros Pyros
01-24-2020, 11:54 AM
I just realized I joined here months ago and never said hello. So, HELLO! We (my brother & I) used to be really into fireworks back when we were kids. I remember in the 70's and early 80's going on our semi-annual vacations down south. As a kid, you could buy bottle rockets, firecrackers, etc and not even be questioned at a lot of places. Of course PA was never legal to have these but that never mattered. But then life took over and we drifted away from fireworks.

Anyway, when PA went legit, we got back into being pyros and have enjoyed every minute of it. We've had to re-learn so much the last few years and now with cakes & mortars to buy, oh boy. We are just getting to the point of actually putting a show together instead of just letting some rip.

Recently, we purchased a cheap Biluscon firing system and have been having a "blast" e-firing. It's so much better than hand lighting. Again, hello, and we have really learned a lot just reading on here. Thanks!

Birdman
01-24-2020, 12:39 PM
Welcome to the forums.....you're in good company here.

jknepp1954
01-24-2020, 03:32 PM
Welcome Lonely Bros.! Come on up to Kneppy's and "LOAD UP!"
We are currently open Friday/Sat for the Chinese New Year, and for theSuper Bowl game!!! have special pricing for this right now - any questions - call
Central Pa. = so shouldn't be too far from you - what maybe couple hours???

PyroJoeNEPA
01-25-2020, 03:57 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk

YorkPyro
01-25-2020, 04:45 PM
I just realized I joined here months ago and never said hello. So, HELLO! We (my brother & I) used to be really into fireworks back when we were kids. I remember in the 70's and early 80's going on our semi-annual vacations down south. As a kid, you could buy bottle rockets, firecrackers, etc and not even be questioned at a lot of places. Of course PA was never legal to have these but that never mattered. But then life took over and we drifted away from fireworks.

Anyway, when PA went legit, we got back into being pyros and have enjoyed every minute of it. We've had to re-learn so much the last few years and now with cakes & mortars to buy, oh boy. We are just getting to the point of actually putting a show together instead of just letting some rip.

Recently, we purchased a cheap Biluscon firing system and have been having a "blast" e-firing. It's so much better than hand lighting. Again, hello, and we have really learned a lot just reading on here. Thanks!

Where in South Central PA are you guys?

Lonely Bros Pyros
01-26-2020, 12:04 PM
Thanks all for the welcome.

jknepp1954 I definitely want to stop in on my next trip out that way. You're only a few hours from me, not that bad.

YorkPyro, we're in Lebanon County.

Fire Art
01-27-2020, 12:44 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk! Make sure you put Fire Art on your list to visit. Clearfield Co PA. We are holding our spring fireworks weekend with an open shoot on 5/15 and a PGI Display Operators Course, 1.3 & 1.4 demos and pyromusical on 5/16. Hope to see you! -Al

ShorePyroTom
01-27-2020, 09:12 PM

Welcome to the Forum!! I used to love our family drives down Interstate 95 to Florida during the 80's. South Carolina was more magical than Disney to me, lol.

Lonely Bros Pyros
01-28-2020, 09:50 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk! Make sure you put Fire Art on your list to visit. Clearfield Co PA. We are holding our spring fireworks weekend with an open shoot on 5/15 and a PGI Display Operators Course, 1.3 & 1.4 demos and pyromusical on 5/16. Hope to see you! -Al

Hopefully we can make this shoot. We were at the open shoot in October and loved it. We also ordered quite a few cases ahead of time to pick up at that shoot. The link at the bottom is to our youtube channel with some videos from that shoot. We love the vibe there and can't wait to come back. Definitely one of our favorite places to go.

Lonely Bros Pyros
01-28-2020, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the Forum!! I used to love our family drives down Interstate 95 to Florida during the 80's. South Carolina was more magical than Disney to me, lol.

Oh yeah. I loved that route!

Fire Art
01-28-2020, 10:23 AM
We were just watching those videos the other day! Thanks for coming and posting those.

Lonely Bros Pyros
01-28-2020, 12:59 PM
Awesome! Hopefully we'll make it in May.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-30-2020, 06:46 PM
Welcome aboard LBP. Nice to hear that the passion for pyro returned once the products became legal. We're fortunate down here in Florida because even though they're not legal, no one seems to care.

If you have any questions or need any help, you've come to the right place. Plenty of smart people on here to answer your questions. I learned a ton since joining a few years ago. I'm sure you will too.