PDA

View Full Version : Hazmat question?

yamiacaveman
01-21-2020, 02:39 PM
I know the comercial driver license is basically dictated by the federal government, but I also know each state kinda sets up some of their own rules.

Dave you might be able to help with this answer for Pennsylvania, since you have your Hazmat license there.

So many of the small box trucks you can rent, are rated under 10,000 lbs and do not have air brakes, which makes them available to rent with just a regluar or class c drivers license and no commercial drivers license is needed.

What I'm trying to get at, as a hobbyist, how much 1.3 can I haul before a comercial/hazmat license is needed? I understand that as hobbyist we are allowed to haul 1.3 in our cars and without the hazmat placards, like commercial drivers need, but what is the hobbyists limits? Any Idea?

yamiacaveman
01-27-2020, 07:35 AM
Well, finally had the time and found the answer.

Thanks

displayfireworks1
01-27-2020, 10:59 AM
How much fireworks you going to buy there son? You buy a truck load you going to start looking like something other than a hobbyist

yamiacaveman
01-28-2020, 09:31 AM
Well, that answer goes back to my original question of "how much can a hobbyist haul without a hazmat license?

To respond to your question - Perspective, and as long as I can show no exchange of money, what does "How Much" have to do with what I haul.
What if I was worth millions, drove down to Kellner's and bought $10,000 of display fireworks to blow off at my estate on the 4th of July?
What if I had my own magazine and was just stocking it up, so I had enough for Labor Day the 4th, New Years eve and so on.
I mean I can go on, but from what I have read, as long as you do not engage in any type of commerce, I see no limits of how much you can consume as a hobbyist.

displayfireworks1
01-28-2020, 01:52 PM
If you follow my videos you will ATF licensed hobbyist purchase 7k 10k etc worth of products. It's all based on your intent of use not a numeric formula. If you spending that kind of money see if the distributor will deliver to you.

Arclight
01-28-2020, 05:21 PM
If you get it delivered to you, it also won't matter if it's in commerce. So if you get a Type 20 and wanted to do some reselling to other hobbyists, you could do that.

yamiacaveman
01-29-2020, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Just trying to figure all this stuff out to try to make life in my pyro world easier.