PDA

View Full Version : Firework accidents

FinnAmerican1979
01-18-2020, 05:14 PM
Has anyone ever had an accident or even a close-call with fireworks?

Birdman
01-18-2020, 07:52 PM
My sister was burned by a roman candle that tipped over. She was a toddler and the star got stuck on her diaper. Minor burn no scaring. That was over 50 years ago before I was born but I have had to live with the fear of fireworks this put in my mother.

I had one close call a couple of years ago hand lighting. I had friend unwrapping and placing cakes as I lit them. He placed one of the cakes upside down and I didn't realize it until I had lit the fuse. It up-righted itself after one or two shots but not before a star just missed me. That's when I decided to start e-firing and setting everything up in the light of day. My mother has really appreciated this move!

Robbro097
01-18-2020, 08:04 PM
When i was a barefoot kid 1 fourth of july running around playing with sparklers i stepped on the used sparkler pile resulting in some gnarly burns to the bottom of my foot.

jamisonlm3
01-18-2020, 09:31 PM
Closes calls I've had are a few shells that didn't shoot. The first time, the fuse stopped burning half way downt he shell. The second time the fuse stopped right before it went into the lift.

Crush630
01-20-2020, 12:11 PM
I've had plenty of low breaking shells, a few 6inchers crack tubes.