PDA

View Full Version : Police & neighbors

FinnAmerican1979
01-16-2020, 08:47 PM
Just curious: Has anyone had an encounter with the police or complaining neighbors while shooting fireworks? Fortunately, I only had an encounter with a neighbor who asked me to hold off a couple of hours. It bothered his dog. I'll respect that same time period this year. He did call the police, just to ask about the hours. No big deal.
-John

displayfireworks1
01-16-2020, 09:31 PM
I think you will enjoy the artwork I created for one of my newest Consumer Fireworks when it arrives in the spring. It illustrates a theme similar to what happened to you and probably many other people around the country.

Birdman
01-16-2020, 10:02 PM
I have not had any issues other than a police car park in plan view for awhile after I lit a couple excals. Some vocal residents have been making a lot of noise the past couple of years so police have been making their presence known. The good thing for us pyros is that the police need to catch you in the act of lighting a firework. So it's easy to get away with it if you shoot one here or there. In the summer, especially during the weekends there are always a few people lighting stuff off so it's near impossible to police.

My brother, who lives in a more rural area, had a neighbor that has called the cops because of his dog would be so scared it would crap all over the house. Cops just asked him to stop. I shoot there now because the dog had to be put down a few years ago and all is good. He even comes out and watches.

Just because you never know, I try to limit it to one or two or short shows at a reasonable hour of the night. Unless of course it's the 4th! But on the fourth I shoot in a very rural area where I am not the only one.

Robbro097
01-17-2020, 01:12 AM
I have never had any probs with neighbor when i was younger i was at a massive house party well over 100ppl and was outside when cop showed up and asked us to turn down music thin out the heard and told me anytime your planning something like this b sure to invite your neighbors because 1 keeps calling about it and said if they feel like they could b a part of it they wont call even if they dont come. So iv always taken that advice towards fireworks. The sheriff did park on the road during my show this year and was hanging out the window yelling yea whoo hoo, after the finale he flashed his lights whooped the siren and took off full throttle so i took that as a solid compliment. Not bad for a state where fireworks are illegal

chriskrc
01-17-2020, 08:21 AM
I've had a cop show up and the only thing he did was role down his window and ask us to stop. Then he told us truthfully he doesn't care if we are shooting fireworks. This was even before NY went safe and sane. Now that we are somewhat legal they care even less. If you do something stupid then they of course do the job they need to but other than that they have more pressing issues to deal with.

Ctpyro180
01-17-2020, 11:35 AM
Just something to consider.....https://www.connfireworks.com/ask-a-vet-before-you-buy.html

joewad
01-17-2020, 01:49 PM
Bottom line just be courteous and use common sense. I live somewhat in the country so that helps but I always let neighbors know about upcoming shoot and invite them. I go out a couple miles in radius, that 8 inch magnum canister salute last year rattled even my fillings. What started out as 20 people in attendance has grown to this year's 150. I buy the pizza and they bring the sides and drinks. Don't shoot past late evening hours.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4725&stc=1

Chubbles
01-17-2020, 03:23 PM
Every July 4th and new years, my neighborhood gathers at our local playground to watch. The neighborsŕ come out to watch.