PDA

View Full Version : i got a news letter from a firework seller, can anyone confirm it's validity?

Icooclast
01-15-2020, 09:29 AM
here is the related excerpt:

There always seems be something happening in China in regards
to production. This year was on track to be one of the best years of getting orders completed before Chinese New Year. However, recently there were two major factory explosions that killed and injured many.

This has caused the China Government to look at all fireworks regulations. Their interpretation of the rules is much different than ours. While they are recovering from these incidents, all Liuyang factories have been closed for more than two weeks and they may stay closed until after Chinese New Year. Jiangxi and Beihai are still operating but are faced with tougher regulations. They halted all shipping out of the Changsha area until this is resolved.

All we can say is, ?stay tuned.?

DavidthePyro
01-15-2020, 09:37 AM
I was up at American yesterday. Almost all of their containers are either on their way or already there. This is true, but they're always shut down for the Chinese new year is my understanding. I know one of the explosions was in early December.

DavidthePyro
01-15-2020, 09:38 AM
I would say all their containers rather than almost all, but I cant remember what i was told exactly. Basically told not to worry

Wholesale Fireworks
01-15-2020, 12:12 PM
This information IS TRUE and THERE will be delays again this year. Its normal to to scramble to get as many containers out and on the water before Chinese New Year. However the explosions WILL delay shipment after CNY

jknepp1954
01-15-2020, 07:47 PM
We at Kneppy's are scambling to get a couple containers on the water right after CNY. The rest of them is just a big giant question mark?!?!?!

Ctpyro180
01-16-2020, 03:48 PM
Prior to the anticipation of the fall tariffs many large US distributors took a big portion of what was in the Chinese warehouses this past summer and that inventory is now sitting in their US warehouses...Not much was left for smaller importers to pull from for fall shipments ...then the explosions in Liuyang took place thus shutting down production for 6+ weeks ...and when it rains it pours Hong Kong stopped all shipments of Haz Maz out of their ports due to demonstrations ..and then throw Changsha for good measure...

Production in Liuyang level one factories is suppose to start right after Chinese New year after they pass inspections ..but we all know what happens when production lines are pushed to meet deadlines in China...Lets hope they all stay safe...but anticipate late product...2020 might be the year to put into perspective on how fragile this industry really is when we rely on only one country to produce our bread and butter...

Wholesale Fireworks
01-17-2020, 10:27 AM
Prior to the anticipation of the fall tariffs many large US distributors took a big portion of what was in the Chinese warehouses this past summer and that inventory is now sitting in their US warehouses...Not much was left for smaller importers to pull from for fall shipments ...then the explosions in Liuyang took place thus shutting down production for 6+ weeks ...and when it rains it pours Hong Kong stopped all shipments of Haz Maz out of their ports due to demonstrations ..and then throw Changsha for good measure...

Production in Liuyang level one factories is suppose to start right after Chinese New year after they pass inspections ..but we all know what happens when production lines are pushed to meet deadlines in China...Lets hope they all stay safe...but anticipate late product...2020 might be the year to put into perspective on how fragile this industry really is when we rely on only one country to produce our bread and butter...

Well said and 100% accurate. Thank you for helping clarify. Most consumers have the "AMAZON" mentality when it comes to fireworks. They just cant understand why we can't get product to them any quicker. This industry is like no other. I don't know of any other industry where you can place an order for product a year in advance, have that order confirmed and then get told 8 months later that you will not be getting your product. Hang in there everyone. On the bright side there are no tariffs yet.