PDA

View Full Version : Hello From The Pittsburgh PA Area!

fireworkguy98
01-13-2020, 09:37 PM
I've been interested in fireworks for about as long as i can remember and love the fact that there's somewhere for me to talk / learn about them with others who also enjoy pyrotechnics! (Believe it or not, most people will give you a crazy look when you spout off random firework information LOL) I found out about the forum through finding Dave on YouTube. (Love watching The Videos BTW) Any good tips for browsing and talking on the forum from any of you more seasoned veterans out there? Cant wait to see all the information this site has to offer!

Birdman
01-13-2020, 11:44 PM
Isn't it great to have a place where you can find people interested in the same things as you? You can actually ask a question about fireworks and expect answer or share a pyro video and not get an eye roll. One thing you can lose perspective of here is....it's not how big it is....it's how you use it...lol. I just may make that my signature.

fireworkguy98
01-13-2020, 11:51 PM
It sure is! And thanks for the advice, definitely something to keep in mind! :)

jknepp1954
01-14-2020, 12:25 AM
welcome to pyro talk fireworkguy. Soon to be demo season in April and May.
We at Kneppy's Fireworks have a demo in May - with open shooting day before. Details later!

fireworkguy98
01-14-2020, 01:26 AM
Awesome, sounds exciting, Can't wait to hear more!

tmwjr
01-14-2020, 08:43 AM
Welcome...I'm in Washington PA

PyroJoeNEPA
01-14-2020, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of Pyros located in PA and, like Joyce Knepp said, demo season is fast approaching. Open shoots and demos are a great place to meet other pyros. Settle in, there is a lifetime of threads and videos on here to absorb. You will find this to be a friendly forum. When it comes to pyro, if you are not sure about something, PLEASE ASK! Safety always comes first, and no one will cut you up for asking something. There are all levels of users on here from "newbies" to seasoned professionals.Enjoy the ride!!!

Passamj20
01-14-2020, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the forum from ny. Forum had been great and everyone’s a huge help.

snickels
01-15-2020, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Wholesale Fireworks
01-15-2020, 12:23 PM
Welcome Fireworkguy You joined just at the right time. New products, demos, new price lists all the stuff to get your blood flowing for the better weather.
We are about an hour away from you and have a lot of customers from your neck of the woods. give us a look if you haven't already http://www.wfboom.com
You can watch over 300 product videos including Dave's own DF1 product line. We are the exclusive wholesale distributor for his products. Feel free to send me a PM or an email if you have any questions.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-16-2020, 04:19 PM
Welcome aboard fireworkguy98! Always nice to have new blood on the boards. So tell us about your pyro habit. What does July 4th look like at your house?

bml215
01-16-2020, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the forum!

fireworkguy98
01-20-2020, 04:53 AM
Welcome aboard fireworkguy98! Always nice to have new blood on the boards. So tell us about your pyro habit. What does July 4th look like at your house?

Thanks Rick! The 4th at my house is a pretty family oriented event every year. All the nieces and nephews come to watch their crazy uncle celebrate. The fireworks on the 4th are mostly comprised of firecrackers and rockets during the day and some form of canister shells at night with some in between stuff for the kids. Never really liked cakes myself. Im a “the more i get to light, the more i have fun” kinda guy. LOL eventually i might give in to the cake wave, you cant beat the amount of effects that they offer.

Fire Art
01-20-2020, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the forum. We are out here in Clearfield County. Mark your calendar for May 15-16. We are having our Open Shoot, PGI Display Operators Course, and product demo that weekend. Great way to network and learn a few things. Hope to see you soon!

ShorePyroTom
01-21-2020, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum fireworkguy98. I am a newbie to the forums as well, although I have been following them and watching Dave's YouTube channel for almost a year. Wholesale Fireworks hit the nail on the head, you joined at the right time, new product, demo and open shoot nights are around the corner. Spring WOOHOO!! Some advice that I would offer you, is join and take the Pyrotechnics Guild International (PGI) Display Fireworks Shooters Certification Class. It is very comprehensive and Dave does have a short video uploaded about it. I know Kellner's Fireworks in Harrisville PA is offering that class on Saturday April 5. I would visit their website for more details. Attend open shoots, its a great way to meet like minded enthusiasts. Finally, I would join the National Fireworks Association (NFA).