PDA

View Full Version : From most recent NFA Newsletter

displayfireworks1
01-04-2020, 11:13 PM
From the recent National Fireworks Association Newsletter.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4698&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4699&stc=1

jknepp1954
01-05-2020, 09:19 AM
Found out last week - that most members didn't realize everything is done online now - still waiting for paperwork in mail. But they will NOT receive paperwork. Also found out because of this - response has been low and or slow. if you look at website for the agenda/schedule of the 2020 SPRING SHOWCASE - you will see what i mean.
The NFA board is "hoping" more joins in to provide a better representation.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-05-2020, 10:20 PM
It's a shame they can't get together on these issues for the sake of their members and the industry as a whole. Badmouthing one another in a public way just makes it easier for the CPSC to put their boot on all our throats.

displayfireworks1
01-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Found out last week - that most members didn't realize everything is done online now - still waiting for paperwork in mail. But they will NOT receive paperwork. Also found out because of this - response has been low and or slow. if you look at website for the agenda/schedule of the 2020 SPRING SHOWCASE - you will see what i mean.
The NFA board is "hoping" more joins in to provide a better representation.

Joyce , I just received NFA paper mail notice of membership renewal in the mail today. If I remember correctly there was a provision to fax your membership renewal information. I do not see that this year. It looks like you can just mail it back or renew membership online. The cut of date is Feb, 2 , 2020

jknepp1954
01-06-2020, 08:51 PM
Joyce , I just received NFA paper mail notice of membership renewal in the mail today. If I remember correctly there was a provision to fax your membership renewal information. I do not see that this year. It looks like you can just mail it back or renew membership online. The cut of date is Feb, 2 , 2020
We did our membership renew on Dec 1- as we wanted to also take advantage of doing the convention registration at a discounted price.
I usually also fax - but did online this year -
rechecked the forms - they do have a fax number on the registration forms.

beaver nation
01-09-2020, 05:04 PM
It's a shame they can't get together on these issues for the sake of their members and the industry as a whole. Badmouthing one another in a public way just makes it easier for the CPSC to put their boot on all our throats.

I am under the impression that this goes much deeper and there will not be a "get together" because certain powerful factions in APA want to water down 1.4g fireworks and make what we have today "illegal" in the future.

beaver nation
01-09-2020, 05:50 PM
and the reasons have NOTHING to do with safety in transportation!! that is certain. can anyone cite ANY known 1.4g firework safety accident happening from transport due to new developments in 1.4g constructions?? haha