PDA

View Full Version : Hello From York PA!!!

YorkPyro
01-04-2020, 07:09 PM
Hello!!! I am from York PA!! Just joined, been doing backyard shows the last 2 years. Never realized there was a pyro following like this until I jumped on YouTube inquiring on how to put a little show together and wow was I surprised on the stuff I found!! Hopefully applying for my ATF license here in the next couple weeks. Looking forward to learning a lot from here and the many people out there, Hoping to find more people in my area that enjoy this as much as I do!!

displayfireworks1
01-04-2020, 07:58 PM
Tell us how you are currently setting up your fireworks displays. Are you using a long fuse or do you use a fireworks firing system?

YorkPyro
01-04-2020, 09:44 PM
Tell us how you are currently setting up your fireworks displays. Are you using a long fuse or do you use a fireworks firing system?

So far I just fuse my cake together using different speed fuse based on the effect im going for. I try to set up as openers body and finally and then some random along in the show also. Im looking into getting a firing system this year. At least a basic one from Motor Supply or Pyro Boom. my purchases for my fireworks before were from Sky King but have since discovered a smaller firework store with I think has better pricing and offers wholesale purchases without needing to have them shipped but also would like to look at some other places as well. And hopefully once I get through the ATF process will be able to look at finding some places to get 1.3.

bml215
01-05-2020, 07:43 PM
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-05-2020, 09:26 PM
Welcome aboard York! I've actually been to York before. Never met anyone from there. Hope you get that electronic firing system in time for this year's 4th of July show. Lots of smart people in here to learn from. You came to the right place.

Tgwinn
01-05-2020, 10:38 PM
Welcome! If you are looking for a cheap firing system, I got one from Ebay. It's a Chinese make but very useful for an entry level pyro. I think I paid 170$ ish for it. A real good buy to get use to it before spending a bunch on a higher level system I think.

YorkPyro
01-05-2020, 11:33 PM
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thank you!!

YorkPyro
01-05-2020, 11:39 PM
Welcome aboard York! I've actually been to York before. Never met anyone from there. Hope you get that electronic firing system in time for this year's 4th of July show. Lots of smart people in here to learn from. You came to the right place.

Awesome well you have someone you can reach out to if you are ever in the are again. Yeah im hoping to order one in a month or so. Ill defiantly be looking and reading the forums.

YorkPyro
01-05-2020, 11:42 PM
Welcome! If you are looking for a cheap firing system, I got one from Ebay. It's a Chinese make but very useful for an entry level pyro. I think I paid 170$ ish for it. A real good buy to get use to it before spending a bunch on a higher level system I think.

Yeah I've looked on ebay. I think im going to get one of the combo sets that Mortar Supply offers bc I could use a couple racks as well.

nightstalker
01-06-2020, 12:25 AM
Welcome. I'm about 80 miles North of you.

jknepp1954
01-06-2020, 07:14 AM
Welcome to Pyrotalk. Our Kneppy's Fireworks store is about 3 hours NW of you. Ever in the area - stop by.
We usually have a demo in early May - date this year is not set yet.

Birdman
01-06-2020, 10:07 AM
Welcome...been through York many times. You'll find or get answers to just about any questions you have here. Not mention the new things you'll learn that may never had thought of.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-06-2020, 12:03 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk. I'm north of you [exit 116 off of I-81N]. Lots of pyros here in PA as well as several clubs that you might want to look into.

Wholesale Fireworks
01-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. You came to the right place to get ideas and feedback. When you are ready to have product shipped right to you, check us out. http://www.wfboom.com We have a great early bird wholesale discount sale coming up in February.
Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-06-2020, 04:41 PM
Awesome well you have someone you can reach out to if you are ever in the are again. Yeah im hoping to order one in a month or so. Ill defiantly be looking and reading the forums.

When I was learning how to fly I did my first night cross-country from Dover Delaware up to York. It was a beautiful flight almost 25 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

Anyway... I won't bombard you with my $0.02 on firing systems, but there are a ton of threads and opinions in here on various systems. All I will say is, think long term. Think about where you want to be in this hobby 5-10 years from now, and buy something that will be there with you when you get there. And please.... ASK QUESTIONS!! Don't be shy. Like I mentioned earlier, there are lots of very smart pyros in here willing to help. Many from Pa actually! You're very lucky in that regard.

YorkPyro
01-08-2020, 07:57 PM
I think I finally figured out how to share a video of my July 4th show. Its nothing special but I thought the show went pretty smooth for hand firing. Although as you can hear in the video a neighbor wasn't happy but we talked afterwards and all was well.

https://www.facebook.com/becky.burns.338/videos/10213744136141161/