PDA

View Full Version : Who is doing New Year?s Eve?

Jay_
12-30-2019, 09:36 AM
Anyone else putting a show together for NYE?

A friend and I put our leftovers together and this is what we have. I did pick up a few extra items, but most is just leftovers from the 4th.

Doing a 9:21 scripted show without music. It will end up at around 130 cues.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4688&stc=1

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4687&stc=1

Rick_In_Tampa
12-30-2019, 05:38 PM
Nice leftovers! Please remember to post the show video.

No shows for me. I'm working. One of the people in our HOA posted a note on our HOA Facebook page asking if we're going to have a fireworks show on NYE like we did on the 4th of July. So I responded and told her it's a little late to put something together for this year, but if she can get the board of directors to pony up $5K for the effects, I'd be happy to put a show together for NYE next year.

Amazingly enough.... Crickets....

displayfireworks1
12-30-2019, 06:58 PM
Come on Rick, you can do a show a lot cheaper than 5K now.
If all goes as planned for me I should have some video as part of a professional display for New Years Eve. I do not want to say too much for now. Check out my Facebook tomorrow evening, I'll kick out some pictures and maybe go live for a moment or 2 to let everyone know where I am. Going to be cold tomorrow night LOL

Jay_
12-30-2019, 07:46 PM
Nice leftovers! Please remember to post the show video.

No shows for me. I'm working. One of the people in our HOA posted a note on our HOA Facebook page asking if we're going to have a fireworks show on NYE like we did on the 4th of July. So I responded and told her it's a little late to put something together for this year, but if she can get the board of directors to pony up $5K for the effects, I'd be happy to put a show together for NYE next year.

Amazingly enough.... Crickets....

Dang, I thought you did one every year Rick. I always get a kick out of the folks that think that you can just whip up a show on a whim.....and then they say something like “man Rick spends like $1000 on fireworks” when in reality close to 1k gets spent just on igniters, fuse, racks, gas back and forth to the shoot site ect...

I will get some video and post it up as soon as I can on NYD.

Jay_
12-30-2019, 07:47 PM
If all goes as planned for me I should have some video as part of a professional display for New Years Eve. I do not want to say too much for now. Check out my Facebook tomorrow evening, I'll kick out some pictures and maybe go live for a moment or 2 to let everyone know where I am. Going to be cold tomorrow night LOL

Very nice Dave! Can’t wait to see your secret!

Big Worm
12-30-2019, 07:48 PM
Looks like you got some good ones Jay! I'm putting something together, I wish I had your shop to work in though. Its freaking cold in my unheated garage.

PyroKing31
12-30-2019, 08:06 PM
Its been raining in NY for the past 3 days, if its not raining Ill probably let loose a cake and some shells for just myself. It will scratch the itch for a little while.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-30-2019, 11:13 PM

I could, but what's the point? If I'm going to do a show for the neighbors, then I'm going to do a show!!

The truth of the matter is, I'd take any money they'd care to donate. If it meant I'd wind up with 5 cases of 200G cakes, oh well. That would be the show!

Rick_In_Tampa
12-30-2019, 11:18 PM
Dang, I thought you did one every year Rick. I always get a kick out of the folks that think that you can just whip up a show on a whim.....and then they say something like “man Rick spends like $1000 on fireworks” when in reality close to 1k gets spent just on igniters, fuse, racks, gas back and forth to the shoot site ect...

I will get some video and post it up as soon as I can on NYD.

Lol... Yeah, it's easy to ask for fireworks shows when it's not your money or time going towards any of it. My neighbor asked me this past 4th what all I have into the show. I told him if he wanted to put on the same show he'd have to pony up about $13K. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head! I told him that wasn't all fireworks. That's the firing system, the sound system, the initiators, boards, etc. People just don't get it. That's okay. I get it. That's all that matters. :cool:

357pyro
12-31-2019, 12:48 AM
I am headed to Lynch to pick up some cakes tomorrow afternoon. A few 1/1 cakes and few 4/1 cakes with a thunder king finale. This will be my first trial run using my new cobra gear. I’ll try to get a decent video and some pics to post.

jamisonlm3
12-31-2019, 12:49 AM
I won't be doing a show, but I will be playing with my little 12 cue firing system and 2 or 3 boxes of canister shells. I built another 24 shot rack today, but I'm lacking 7 mortars. I can get those from the shell kits. I'm thinking of fusing them up with an MJG on each string of 6 shells. I also have a few fountains, rockets and roman candles to try out. The weather looks like it's going to be almost perfect so it's going to be a good night no matter how I think of it.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-31-2019, 11:18 PM
I am headed to Lynch to pick up some cakes tomorrow afternoon. A few 1/1 cakes and few 4/1 cakes with a thunder king finale. This will be my first trial run using my new cobra gear. I?ll try to get a decent video and some pics to post.

Have a great shoot 357!! Looking forward to the video.

fatcat
01-01-2020, 09:03 AM
Gotta agree with Rick. Most of the neighbors just don't realize how much money and work it takes to put on a "Neighborhood" show. When the helpers (family members) are out of town it just isn't worth it. The neighbors don't mind watching but they sure don't want to get out in the heat or the cold and help with the set up and cleanup.

Fox One
01-01-2020, 11:16 AM
While I'd love to be able to do a New Year's Eve shoot, the truth of the matter is I really only have the money, time and energy to devote to one big show per year. And so I choose July 4th as the priority date for converting my $$$ into noise.

displayfireworks1
01-01-2020, 02:35 PM
I worked with a Zambelli crew for New Years Eve. I should have video up on YouTube within 2 weeks. I made a short 4 minute preview for pyrotalk forums members. Sign onto your account and see the video link. I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-01-2020, 06:42 PM
Now that looks like a cool shoot! And by cool, I'm not talking about the weather. That's the kind of shoot I'd like to be involved with.

Very much looking forward to the full video!

Jay_
01-01-2020, 08:14 PM
As of right now all I have is this Facebook video from a friend that runs from pretty much from start to finish. My little girl took video, but it?s broken into 3 different videos and the first one has really bad sound.

https://www.facebook.com/redonna.slayvaughn/videos/10159045338579688/?d=n

jamisonlm3
01-02-2020, 01:50 AM
The new year was good. Got to shoot some shells, candles and rockets I've been stashing for a while. Also got to shoot some smaller, but really good stuff. 0 complains and can't wait to do it again.

hatsgoods
01-02-2020, 06:47 PM
i was gonna do a very small show of 6 cues from my older 6 cue quantum fire system. and around 11:30pm we had a strong wind storm come though and last til around 3 am. so i couldn't do it. i only had clearance for 1.75 inch shells and my show was cue 1- 2 green crackling comets, cue 2 - 3 indoor ice / champagne fountains, cue 3 - a small unknown fountain, cue 4 - 2 90 sec. white strobes, cue 5 - 4 2 min crackling pots and cue 6 for the finale was 3 kryptonite crackling balls ( the crackling ball on strieriods) and 6 mini 1 inch color ball shells and after that the only thing i had light was 2 happy ending firecrackers. but due to the wind i called it off like 10 mins before new years at midnight.

357pyro
01-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Here is a picture of the cakes set up before the show. Sorry poor image quality. Also a pic of me holding a 16" at Lynch Imports, was taken when we went to pick up product on the 31st. Below is a link to the video from the shoot. Hopefully it works.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4700&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4701&stc=1

https://www.facebook.com/three5sevenpyro/videos/476994663214336/

joewad
01-08-2020, 04:26 PM
Here is a picture of the cakes set up before the show. Sorry poor image quality. Also a pic of me holding a 16" at Lynch Imports, was taken when we went to pick up product on the 31st. Below is a link to the video from the shoot. Hopefully it works.

https://www.facebook.com/three5sevenpyro/videos/476994663214336/

Very nice. I wish I lived your distance from Lynch.

357pyro
01-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Very nice. I wish I lived your distance from Lynch.

Thanks joewad, yeah we are only about 30 minutes from them. Super convenient for us and couldn’t be happier w the relationship we have built with them.