PDA

View Full Version : long time no see my fellow peeps

hatsgoods
12-16-2019, 01:31 PM
hey just pooping in to say hi to everyone. if you haven't notice, i have been been quite absent lately for the past few months. for those of you who dont know i have a lot of medical compations and one of them being diabetic and struggling with that and i have been in and out of the hospital. so i have to reapply for my type 54 out here in Wisconsin and i have been really discouraged. those of you who have shots shows with me at clubs or full pro township shows know im a bull when it comes to plowing though things and pain to get things done but lately im so beat physically and mentally. i really want to reapply for my type 54 but i really need my fellow pyro family and community to cheer me on and cheer me on to get my type 54 again. so any cheerful words i would love. thanks and thanks in advance.

joewad
12-16-2019, 04:28 PM
Signature says it all. Hell, the grounds already been broken once, get well enough to plow through this one more time.....

BMoore
12-17-2019, 09:12 AM
I'm diabetic as well. It's under control but there are definitely times where I feel totally worn out and exhausted. Working an office job 70 hours a week with not a whole lot of physical activity doesn't help either. Every year I worry that I'll need to start scaling back on the fireworks a little bit. However, what I find is that the adrenaline kicks in and working outside in 90 degree weather seems oddly refreshing. I run circles around my helpers who are 20 years younger than me. I also notice that following a successful show, my blood sugar falls into a normal range for a few weeks and I feel great! I believe there is nothing better for our mental and physical health than time spent in our hobbies, even ones as labor intensive as pyrotechnics. So yeah, definitely get your 54 again. Always listen to your body and make adjustments as needed, but there are so many ways to enjoy this hobby. So get out there and ENJOY it!

PyroJoeNEPA
12-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Good to hear from you Kelly & hope you get the physical issues under control. Myself, like many others on here, have similar issues we have to deal with--along with not being able to stop the aging process!!!
You said you needed to reapply for your 54??? Since you already have it, you should only need to renew the license---or is there an issue with you having it issued in NJ and now living in wisconsin?

Whatever the situation is, you can do it! Hang in there!!!

RalphieJ
12-17-2019, 07:42 PM
I'm diabetic as well. It's under control but there are definitely times where I feel totally worn out and exhausted. Working an office job 70 hours a week with not a whole lot of physical activity doesn't help either. Every year I worry that I'll need to start scaling back on the fireworks a little bit. However, what I find is that the adrenaline kicks in and working outside in 90 degree weather seems oddly refreshing. I run circles around my helpers who are 20 years younger than me. I also notice that following a successful show, my blood sugar falls into a normal range for a few weeks and I feel great! I believe there is nothing better for our mental and physical health than time spent in our hobbies, even ones as labor intensive as pyrotechnics. So yeah, definitely get your 54 again. Always listen to your body and make adjustments as needed, but there are so many ways to enjoy this hobby. So get out there and ENJOY it!

The drop in your glucose level can most likely be attributed to the physical work setting up/tearing down your shows. Years ago, setting up a large show (lots of digging and back-filling with sand back then) on a particularly hot/humid afternoon, our lead greenman said "That's why the big stuff is called "fireWORKS" and not "firePLAY".

Arclight
12-18-2019, 12:28 AM
Do it! Also this conversation reminds me of this article:

https://www.theonion.com/colorado-legalizes-medicinal-fireworks-1819576399

joewad
12-18-2019, 05:31 AM
Do it! Also this conversation reminds me of this article:

https://www.theonion.com/colorado-legalizes-medicinal-fireworks-1819576399

I should live well past 100 then.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-18-2019, 04:17 PM
They had me up to that last line. "for those who abuse fireworks recreationally." As if that's even possible...

hatsgoods
12-19-2019, 08:53 PM
Good to hear from you Kelly & hope you get the physical issues under control. Myself, like many others on here, have similar issues we have to deal with--along with not being able to stop the aging process!!!
You said you needed to reapply for your 54??? Since you already have it, you should only need to renew the license---or is there an issue with you having it issued in NJ and now living in wisconsin?

Whatever the situation is, you can do it! Hang in there!!!

i did have my type 54 but as it was getting ready to expire at the end of its 3 years my grandmother went on her death bed and i was also prepping to move out here to Wisconsin and then all my medical issues hitting me i did not have a chance to renew it and the transfer my nj address to my new Wisconsin adress but now i have the time too and if i got approved in nj then i dont see a single problem out here in Wisconsin.