PDA

View Full Version : ATF restricted state purchase

displayfireworks1
12-15-2019, 09:48 PM
As an ATF license holder can the state restrict where you purchase your 1.3 fireworks? .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNB0_GsHM2w

hatsgoods
12-16-2019, 02:09 PM
MY ATF AGENT FROM BACK WHEN I WAS STILL LIVING IN NJ I HAD TO PULL OUT MY ORANGE BOOK ON HER DURING MY SURPRISE INSPECTION FOR MY RECORD KEEPING. SHE WAS TELLING ALL THIS BULL CRAP AND TRYING TO TOUANT MY ASS BUT WHEN I SAID EXCUSE ME FOR A SECOND AND THEN LEFT MY KICTEN TABLE TO GO INTO MY FILING CABINET TO GET MY ORIGINAL COPY I WAS GIVEN ONCE APPROVED FOR MY TYPE 54, I THEN CAME BACK OUT TO THE TABLE WHERE SHE WAS STILL SITTING SEARCHING NFPA CODES ON HER CELLPHONE. SO I THEN SLAPPED OUT MY ORANGE BOOK AND I HAD PUT HOMEMADE MAKER TABS FOR EACH CHAPTER AND SECTION SO I COULD GO RIGHT TO THE PAGES I NEEDED AND WHEN I WENT RIGHT TO THE PAGE OF THE ORANGE BOOK FOR THE ONE SECTION SHE DID NOT UNDERSTAND AND I SHOWED HER SHE WAS WRONG. HER SHOCKED FACE WAS PRICELESS. I ALSO TOLD HER IF SHE NEEDS TOO LOOK UP ANYTHING IN THE NFPA CODE BOOK ITS GONNA ALWAYS BE UNDER CHAPTER / SECTION 1123. i was just so amazed by the fact she thought she was a know it all and had so much power over me since she was a federal agent blew my mind but i stayed calmed and cool the whole time and ended up teaching her more then her leching me. and she claimed to be atf agent for 5 years when she saw me. and this was the end of summer / early fall of 2016.

PAClark
12-16-2019, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=displayfireworks1;62980]As an ATF license holder can the state restrict where you purchase your 1.3 fireworks? .

Thanks Dave for the quick response on the restrictions set forth by the ATF and State Fire Marshall in Arkansas. I'm very proud to be the 17th ATF Type 54 license holder in Arkansas and it took a bit of work! Per our discussion, the ATF worked with the State Fire Marshall to put forth a list of distributors who I can obtain 1.3g product from. From their "guidance" they have established that the distributor MUST be licensed in the state of Arkansas for me to purchase 1.3g product without issues. I can drive to Kansas and obtain product from Rainbow Fireworks, or Premiere Pyrotechnics in Missouri and drive product in my vehicle here to my home and place it in my magazine legally.....however, if I purchase product from Lynch Imports in Indiana I am violating some statute and cannot "legally" do this according to them. I agree the State Fire Mashall's statute does appear to be driven towards 1.4g/consumer product with intent to import and distribute product through retailers, and is being superimposed on the "hobbyist". The State Fire Marshall was very nice about the entire situation, though left the waters a bit murky when it restricted me to distributors licensed in Arkansas, when I am NOT in commerce.

I am joining the PGI and sending off my membership application immediately. I would like to pursue further clarification through the State Fire Marshall's office for the non-commerce, "hobbyist" and our ability to obtain 1.3g products wherever we choose. If I can get the support of the PGI etc to pursue this action, that would be great.

Further, the distributor, Hog Wild Pyrotechnics in NW Arkansas were AWESOME people and I loved doing business with them. I was able to easily make my 1st 1.3g purchase for use on New Years. They were so accommodating and I will do business with these fine people in the future. I would also like to open up options for other distributors such as Lynch Imports and also use them as a resource.