PDA

View Full Version : Conginency storage in proximity to Baltimore, MD

zargnut
12-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Hi,

I am working my way through Dave's DVDs and looking to see if there is any contingency storage in proximity to northern MD, southern PA to facilitate the ATF license without attempting the Type 4 magazine out of the gate. I can't find any 1.3 vendors within 100 miles. I have emails out to APA and crackerjacks for additional advice.

If I have to purchase the magazine, I was hoping to use a 60" ridgid job boxes with a rubber applied lining (seen on pyrotalk) and place it outside on a gravel pad (or poured concrete if required for anchoring) I have seen reference to indoor magazines being preferred? Is this to avoid having to deal with anchoring, or are there other reasons?

thanks for any advice you can offer.

dan

Mattp
12-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Check the orange book for storage guidelines... haven’t read it in a while myself.. but pretty sure once you have an outdoor box.. you have a handful of more rules beside an anchoring issue like different distances, locked gate around property heavier gauge steel.. and covered locks.. etc.. so if you have a detached garage or shed far enough away from inhabited structures.. you just put it in there.. line it.. and done.. I’m sure someone who actually has one can correct me if I’m wrong.. but I do believe it’s abiut it being easier (less work) when it’s indoors