PDA

View Full Version : User permit

Eriept
12-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Got my user permit today and wanted to thank Dave. Without this site his YouTube videos and DVD?s I would have never had the info or resolve to do it. I also ordered a Cobra on Black Friday. You?ve definitely created a new disciple and I can?t wait for July

Passamj20
12-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Awesome, glad to hear! Have fun and remember if your around the PA area hit up kellners or fire art for the open shoots to learn even more. Al from fireart has helped me a ton.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Way to go Eriept!! Looking forward to seeing the video of your first show with the Cobra!!

Welcome aboard!

displayfireworks1
12-03-2019, 08:06 PM
Congratulations on receiving the ATF license. Welcome to the world of advanced pyrotechnics.
ATF license , Cobra Fireworks Firing System etc
the beat goes on: da da dum da dum da da da da ........... Eminem
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

joewad
12-03-2019, 09:03 PM
Congratulations on receiving the ATF license. Welcome to the world of advanced pyrotechnics.
ATF license , Cobra Fireworks Firing System etc
the beat goes on: da da dum da dum da da da da ........... Eminem
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

Evidence Dave's singing lesson money went for fireworks as a child

Fire Art
12-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Awesome! Congrats!

PyroJoeNEPA
12-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Great to hear. Congrats. We have a LO of pyros in PA!!!!!

Rick_In_Tampa
12-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Pa definitely seems to be a hugly pyro friendly kind of state. If it wasn't for those Steelers, I'd even consider moving there. :p

PyroKing31
12-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Pa definitely seems to be a hugly pyro friendly kind of state. If it wasn't for those Steelers, I'd even consider moving there. :p

As a Steelers fan. I respect your opinion but must disagree :p

Rick_In_Tampa
12-12-2019, 05:38 PM
As a Steelers fan. I respect your opinion but must disagree :p

I married a Steeler fan. Self inflicted pain, I get it. But as a Browns fan, moving to Steeler land is just a bridge too far. Even for pyro reasons.

joewad
12-12-2019, 06:54 PM
I married a Steeler fan. Self inflicted pain, I get it. But as a Browns fan, moving to Steeler land is just a bridge too far. Even for pyro reasons.

I believe there's a country music gem hidden somewhere in these lyrics

PyroKing31
12-12-2019, 08:18 PM

Haha, I get it. I wish the browns the best of luck against the Cards, I will be in the Burgh on Sunday hopefully watching the Bills lose which ironically is the closest geographical team to me.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-12-2019, 10:04 PM
I believe there's a country music gem hidden somewhere in these lyrics

Lol... With or without the music, there's plenty of misery in that post. Where's Hank when I need him?

Rick_In_Tampa
12-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Haha, I get it. I wish the browns the best of luck against the Cards, I will be in the Burgh on Sunday hopefully watching the Bills lose which ironically is the closest geographical team to me.

My season is over. I think both our teams have been OBE by the yard birds. Oh well. More time to get my pyro order ready.

PennSteve
12-16-2019, 09:29 AM
Congratulations! How long after your interview did the permit arrive?

hatsgoods
12-16-2019, 01:41 PM
Got my user permit today and wanted to thank Dave. Without this site his YouTube videos and DVD?s I would have never had the info or resolve to do it. I also ordered a Cobra on Black Friday. You?ve definitely created a new disciple and I can?t wait for July

WHAT!!!! why would you wait till july when if you have your cobra by new years eve of this year go grab some nice 1.4g cakes and wire them up to your cobra and when midnight comes around light up the sky. not to just celebrate a new year but for you getting your type 54 users permit. BY THE WAY - GOOD GOING! THE ONLY WARNING I HAVE FOR YOU IS ONCE YOU MAKE YOUR FIRST 1.3G PURCSE YOUR MOSTLY HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING ANY 1.4. AND THATS WHAT HAPREND TO ME BUT I STILL CHOOSE TO USE BOTH 1.3G AND 1.4G.

215less
07-08-2020, 06:10 AM
Sorry for bringing this up but seeing this is a mostly PA license holder thread. Im curious as to what to expect for the interview process for an applicant for the south eastern region of the state. I remember Dave asking if anyone on the east side of the state was or recently got their license as The PA laws were changing? i could be wrong but i tried to find that topic but to no avail. Im also looking into obtaining a PA state general and surface mining blasting certification for work related reasons but im sure won't hurt for knowledge in my pyrotechnic hobby. To clarify, ill be applying for my type 54, not a more specific blasting type .. license.

Salutecake
07-08-2020, 11:14 AM
So, in the NE PA I had a very nice but I think newer inspector do my interview. 3 Hours, he was apparently on the new computer system, and had to go over (and type in) the application into the computer like in real time with the interview, He did say the system was slow and it was. He had about 6 handout type of things, and went over about 3 and just told me to read the rest. To tell you the truth, he was very informative, I was kind of thinking some bad a## person was going to come to my house and work me over, but nothing like that. Some of the things that he asked me to have on had for the visit seemed strange but no problem, he wanted some type of proof of residency, and if I owned my home, and I can't remember if I needed all or just one - but I showed him a copy of the deed, and a letter from the bank saying it was paid off, he asked I complied. All in all very helpful.
In Contrast to a friend I have in your neck of the woods, Aston.
He works in the Philly Naval yard, up there pretty good in rank so clearances are great. anyway a women inspector came to his house and he was done in about 20 minutes he told me. No computer stuff, no proof of residency, but perhaps that has to do with his clearances.
Good luck in whatever you decide.

Arclight
07-08-2020, 04:36 PM
I was asked to provide a copy of the lease for the little gravel pit I rent for my magazines. I think they are checking to make sure you either own the land or that the owner knows you are keeping explosives there and gave permission.

215less
07-08-2020, 08:53 PM
Cool, thanks guys. I'm planning on using contingency storage from Celfire (approx 88 miles from me). As to your buddy salutecake, im in delco as well, roughy 20 mins away from Aston.