PDA

View Full Version : 1.75

yamiacaveman
11-25-2019, 10:36 AM
I was looking at my local Display Fireworks place and saw they had Assorted 1.75 (4" tall cylinders for 1.91" pipe) I believe they will fit my orange tube, consumer racks that I already have plenty of. Has anyone ever used these 1.75 in 1.91 tubes - do they work - is it safe - and are they better than the consumer grade???

displayfireworks1
11-25-2019, 01:26 PM
To me it's unclear what you are asking

yamiacaveman
11-25-2019, 01:49 PM
OK let's see -- I guess what I am asking might be an assupmtion on my part(?) These 1.75 4" cylinder shells are listed for sale in the 1.3 section along with the 2" - 8" shells, no other discription is given so my assupmtion is that these are display fireworks and not consumer but they will fit the 1.91 tubes that consumer fireworks use.
So if they are 1.3 has anyone ever come across them and used them - and being 1.3 are they better - higher flying, better display, more powerful, than the consumer grade? My second assupmtioon is that they are display fireworks and would be better in display properties and power.
I have a lot of 1.91 racks that I use for consumer fireworks, if these are better than it might be worth the switch (and extra paperwork).

I hope that clears it up a bit,

displayfireworks1
11-25-2019, 04:16 PM
Call the people selling them. Please review the rules about promoting fireworks for companies outside of pyrotalk.com. Don't assume anything or ask us to assume what someone is selling. Ask the seller. My guess is it is consumer shells sold in bulk. Consumer shells sold in bulk and not in kits are 1.3

yamiacaveman
11-25-2019, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the info -
I was not promoting anything, won't ask you to assume anything
won't be back

jknepp1954
11-25-2019, 07:37 PM
Typically, as Dave said, 1.75 shells sold inbulk - no tubes are 1.3. The ones i have seen are no better than normal 4" can shells. Unless for whatever reason they are also flash broke as well.
There is no such thing as a dumb question or a dumb answer. We are all here to learn. I have been in the biz for 22 years - but i still glean new info that i did not know before.

yamiacaveman
11-26-2019, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the reply jknepp1954, that's all I was looking for no other intentions, just new looking for help and information.

Dave I could not find a way to remove my account, can you please do so.

BMoore
11-26-2019, 09:09 AM
The only flash broken 1.75" 1.3 shells I've come across have been ball shells. Very nice but not really any more powerful than 1.4 shells. The 1.75" cannister shells falling into 1.3 are generally either being sold in bulk, sold without tubes, or have quickmatch leaders. Beyond that they seem no different or even worse than consumer shells. Having said that, Dave is correct that only the distributor can answer your question. Making guesses, assumptions or relying on other people's assumptions will get you seriously injured or worse in the world of 1.3.

snickels
11-26-2019, 09:17 AM
yamiacaveman- give this site another shot, this is a great resource for information. Remember this is text and we read things as we THINK they are being said. I'm sure Dave wasn't trying to scare you aware, he was just trying to protect his site policy.