PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Regulations China

pyro6179
11-07-2019, 03:58 PM
(From Lynch Imports)
Maybe this is old news for some of you in the business?

The enforcement of Chinese regulations is changing.
As if we haven't already shared enough bad news for the fireworks industry with you these past few months (yes, I'm talking about the tariffs), we've gotten wind of additional changes happening in China which are affecting our business and may also affect yours. As much as we hate to be the bearers of bad news, we do like to keep our customers informed. That being said, here's what we know:

8" shells are no longer being accepted for shipment from China.
6" shells are now subject to additional testing (specifically drop testing), inspection, and verification. Hopefully, 6" shells will ship, but they might not.
We are also being told that no more salute shells are being shipped out of China (they are classified as 1.1G high explosives by Hunan customs).

joewad
11-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Well I hope it doesn't happen. Lynch's update also says that they are being told no more salute shells will be shipped out of China. With that in mind, Little Big Shots better ramp up their production for at least those "heavenly" oversized salute shells of 4 through 8 inch. The thump that keeps on giving......

PyroOhio
11-07-2019, 07:32 PM
Serious? That’s suck to hear that?! I just got my license type 54 few months ago and exhibitors license as lead shooter. I’m planning to shooting the show next year but no more salute for finale volley fireworks. So if class 1.1g and have to get that other license for it?? Again, that’s suck news about it!

pyro6179
11-07-2019, 08:56 PM
PyroOhio,

They are saying that the 2020 season should still be okay, but there might be an availability problem with the salutes if other importers are having problems getting them into the country. As for it being a 1.1g product you can still purchase with your type 54. The 1.1g causes overseas shipping problems just as the large shells did in the past. Hopefully, this hurts the Chinese pocket book and things stay the same.

cptnding
11-07-2019, 10:11 PM
PyroOhio,

Hopefully, this hurts the Chinese pocket book and things stay the same.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The Chinese government has been squeezing the fireworks manufacturers for a while now though.

Arclight
11-08-2019, 01:01 AM
Classification as 1.1 means you can't store it in a type 4 magazine, and additional hassles in many states with self-transport. If your supplier will deliver, you're good to go. It's a real headache for blasters.

displayfireworks1
11-08-2019, 01:22 PM
They can stop making salutes if they want. As long as they don't stop making Bright Flower. Im good with it. LOL

PyroOhio
11-08-2019, 04:56 PM
PyroOhio,

They are saying that the 2020 season should still be okay, but there might be an availability problem with the salutes if other importers are having problems getting them into the country. As for it being a 1.1g product you can still purchase with your type 54. The 1.1g causes overseas shipping problems just as the large shells did in the past. Hopefully, this hurts the Chinese pocket book and things stay the same.

Ahh I see and know what you mean! That's too bad because they design beautiful shells fireworks on 8, 10 and 12 in the sky but bright side, there are other sources in the USA and other countries such as Italy, Malta, Korea, Japan, Mexico, etc, that are shipping to the US already.

joewad
11-08-2019, 07:44 PM
They can stop making salutes if they want. As long as they don't stop making Bright Flower. Im good with it. LOL

Super crackle or super peony have been known to be quite delightful