PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news Excalibur Recall

displayfireworks1
10-25-2019, 06:29 AM
One of my reliable sources tells me there is going to be a mass recall on Excalibur and a few other World Class canister shells. Length of fuse related. AkA payback from CPSC and ? You will hear about it soon

Icooclast
10-25-2019, 08:30 AM
are they gonna make them after that issue is taken care of?

PyroKing31
10-25-2019, 11:30 AM
Oh no I already shot all of mine. Guess they weren't that dangerous....

ttam23
10-27-2019, 04:56 AM
I hear about this the fuse is not long enough to stick out of the tube when the shell is loaded

PyroJoeNEPA
10-27-2019, 12:59 PM
A couple years ago this might have been really bad news for the consumer shell user guys--but the truth is--now there are so many good quality shells with equal to--or better--performance to the Excals. Don't panic guys--just buy something else! Hopefully they will increase the length of the fuse by a few more inches and the problem will be solved.
What irks me was when they [Excal] decided to put a lift charge on each end to eliminate the "in the tube upside down" issue--and had to reduce the composition weight to stay in weight compliance for the shells---kind of like putting band aids on all of your fingers just in the event you might cut your finger......always protecting us from ourselves!
It will be interesting to see how this one plays out in the future!

Fulliautomatix
10-27-2019, 10:14 PM
What irks me was when they [Excal] decided to put a lift charge on each end to eliminate the "in the tube upside down" issue--and had to reduce the composition weight to stay in weight compliance for the shells

You know, I keep reading about these double lift charges here and elsewhere, but I've been shooting plenty of Excals over the past 2 years and they only have 1 lift charge and a plastic cap on the other end.

PyroKing31
10-28-2019, 06:46 AM
You know, I keep reading about these double lift charges here and elsewhere, but I've been shooting plenty of Excals over the past 2 years and they only have 1 lift charge and a plastic cap on the other end.

Been using them since 2006, never had a "double lift"

BMoore
10-28-2019, 07:48 AM
What irks me was when they [Excal] decided to put a lift charge on each end to eliminate the "in the tube upside down" issue--and had to reduce the composition weight to stay in weight compliance for the shells---kind of like putting band aids on all of your fingers just in the event you might cut your finger......always protecting us from ourselves!
It will be interesting to see how this one plays out in the future!

I've been wondering about those double lift excals. I've bought several cases over the last couple years and I've yet to see one. Seems like there was a lot of talk about them two years ago and few people who claimed to get a couple. This past year it seems like I've heard less about them. Is it really their new thing or was that failed experiment?

PyroJoeNEPA
10-28-2019, 10:29 AM
This double lift was discussed in another thread ---here is a link to it.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?6295-Is-this-the-norm-for-Excal&highlight=Excal+lift

Ctpyro180
10-28-2019, 11:04 AM
It was discovered in New Hampshire...

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?7572-Excalibur-Recall-New-Hampshire