PDA

View Full Version : Instant Fire Saturn Missiles

Birdman
10-07-2019, 07:15 PM
I have a Saturn Missile bank leftover and want to throw it in a show I'm doing for Halloween. The visco fuse is pretty worn and short. I've had misfires using a visco to initiator connector before on these. Wondering if I could just pull out the first missile and drop my initiator down in the silo. Anyone try this before?

Thanks in advance.

displayfireworks1
10-07-2019, 07:23 PM
Post a picture of what it is you are referencing. Use the Insert Image icon .

cptnding
10-07-2019, 08:01 PM
I have a Saturn Missile bank leftover and want to throw it in a show I'm doing for Halloween. The visco fuse is pretty worn and short. I've had misfires using a visco to initiator connector before on these. Wondering if I could just pull out the first missile and drop my initiator down in the silo. Anyone try this before?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. It works great. Done it many times without a single failure. Pop the missile out, stick you match at the bottom of the hole, and tape over to hold in place. Far easier that any other method I have tried.

Birdman
10-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Thanks...here's the image since I have one.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4524&stc=1

cptnding
10-07-2019, 10:33 PM
Put the match in the middle. Makes them even more loud and annoying lol. I loves those things lol. Makes a hell of a mess when you send up a bunch of them.

displayfireworks1
10-07-2019, 10:35 PM
Interesting. if that works, that would be a easy way to set those off using electric match. Even better yet , place 2 electric match in it , one on each end.

Birdman
10-09-2019, 10:52 AM
I'll report back after I tried it to provide further confirmation. These are messy buggers! I'm not a fan of the litter they cause. Especially if I have to mow the area afterwards. I use to love these as a kid. They are a favorite of my fathers so I mostly get them for his enjoyment. Although, when I recently told him that his response was "I like the big ones (500g) better"! So this may be the last time. I'll probably be using 200g "whistlers" going forward.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-13-2019, 04:28 PM
These things are like firecrackers. They should both be banned. I can't stand either one. Lots of noise and lots of mess to clean up. 0 aesthetic appeal.

Robbro097
10-13-2019, 08:04 PM
Ill have to keep this in mind as a way to ematch them. I love these there is no middle ground with Saturn missiles every1 i ever met either loves them or hates em cant remember any with a "i could take em or leave em" approach

Fulliautomatix
10-14-2019, 08:09 AM
These things are like firecrackers. They should both be banned. I can't stand either one. Lots of noise and lots of mess to clean up. 0 aesthetic appeal.

LOL, Hi! Welcome to Pyrotalk, you must be new here! Isn't lots of noise what fireworks are about? Regardless, we shouldn't encourage banning *any* fireworks. If we don't like 'em, don't buy 'em.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-14-2019, 09:29 PM
LOL, Hi! Welcome to Pyrotalk, you must be new here! Isn't lots of noise what fireworks are about? Regardless, we shouldn't encourage banning *any* fireworks. If we don't like 'em, don't buy 'em.

Hi! Thanks for the welcome. A few years late, but I'll take it. No... Lots of noise isn't what fireworks are all about to me. They're about colors. Patterns. Eye pleasing choreography. Pretty much everything firecrackers and missile batteries are not.

As for my suggestion they be banned... I'm sure most people in here who know me understood that was a tongue in cheek remark, not meant to be taken literally. Having said that... I served for 22 years in our nations Air Force. I think I've earned the right to state an opinion on pretty much anything.

cherrybomb1
10-15-2019, 08:27 AM
"Touche" LOL!
Hi! Thanks for the welcome. A few years late, but I'll take it. No... Lots of noise isn't what fireworks are all about to me. They're about colors. Patterns. Eye pleasing choreography. Pretty much everything firecrackers and missile batteries are not.

As for my suggestion they be banned... I'm sure most people in here who know me understood that was a tongue in cheek remark, not meant to be taken literally. Having said that... I served for 22 years in our nations Air Force. I think I've earned the right to state an opinion on pretty much anything.

Fulliautomatix
10-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Fair enough, I did wonder if you were being facetious. Thanks for your service. :beer:

Birdman
10-16-2019, 11:14 AM
I pretty much agree with you Rick, even though I'm putting it in my next show. I had one laying around and just want to use it up and this seems like a good opportunity.

RalphieJ
10-16-2019, 11:49 AM
Everything in this world has it's place. I have a ball-busting neighbor that waits until 10:30 at night to fire up his cars, motorcycles or snowmobiles. And he hates fireworks. He even calls the cops to complain about our local minor-league baseball team's shows, which occur every week-end home game. So, having said that, the 500-gram 750-shot Saturn Missile was a God-send for me.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-20-2019, 04:45 PM
Fair enough, I did wonder if you were being facetious. Thanks for your service. :beer:

Much thanks. It was my pleasure. :o

Rick_In_Tampa
10-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Everything in this world has it's place. I have a ball-busting neighbor that waits until 10:30 at night to fire up his cars, motorcycles or snowmobiles. And he hates fireworks. He even calls the cops to complain about our local minor-league baseball team's shows, which occur every week-end home game. So, having said that, the 500-gram 750-shot Saturn Missile was a God-send for me.

Lol... We all have at least 1 neighbor like that. In fact my buddy once told me - There's an a**hole in every neighborhood. If you don't know who it is in your neighborhood, chances are, it's you!

I try not to be "that guy." Life is too short. Got to let people enjoy their lives as long as their enjoyment doesn't curtail or infringe upon yours. In my HOA there are plenty of a**holes who whine and complain about fireworks. The funny thing is, I've often seen them outside either watching them, or setting them off. I don't have time for people like that. They live to whine. I don't have time or patience for that. That's my long way of saying I completely understand why you like the Saturn missile battery. lol... :cool:

Fox One
10-24-2019, 07:35 PM
Count me in as one of those guys who LOVES adding a bunch of noise to my shoots. As such, I am a huge fan of Saturn Missile batteries. These are one of the best noise to $$$ ratio fireworks out there and they work well mixed in with other cakes and roman candles. There are even some versions of these now that give more aesthetic effects, such as color tails and crackle. While the bulk of my shows will remain the more "purty" 200/500 gram cakes and canister/ball shells, there will always be a spot in my shows for saturn missiles, flashing thunder type candles and those 1,000+ shot strings of firecrackers.

countryboy7978
12-01-2019, 02:41 PM
I couldn?t care less about artistry myself. Fireworks are all about the noise. I refuse to buy anything that doesn?t feature a loud break. As a kid firecrackers were my mainstay and they remain so today (although in a slightly different form)