PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for New Year?s Eve please

Jay_
10-03-2019, 08:02 PM
I?ve got quite a bit of leftovers and the wife has given me very specific instructions to ?get it the f@#%? out of the garage.

Looking at doing a New Year?s Eve shoot, however I?m not sure what I want to do. I probably have enough to shoot a 5-7minute pyromusical, but I can?t find any songs that make sense to shoot it to and I don?t really want to shoot to just a generic song.

Should I do a short pyromusical or just send it?

esgrillo
10-03-2019, 10:10 PM
I like Trans Siberian Orchestra for NYE shows. Specifically Wizard of Winter and Carol of the Bells

cptnding
10-03-2019, 11:39 PM
Great suggestion from Ed. Or just send it lol

Icooclast
10-04-2019, 02:20 AM
i agree with TSO. good band.

chriskrc
10-04-2019, 07:11 AM
That time of year I would agree with TSO or if you think that doesn't work just send it up and have a great time ringing in the new year.

joewad
10-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Seems TSO is unanimous, love them in concert BUT....I see you are from Oklahoma and what is your average New Years weather like? I look at pyro musicals as something a step up for the crowd and just wondering how many will be in attendance. I use to do a larger display for New Years but in Indiana weather can be all over the map that time of year. Last bigger New Years eve show I spent a lot of time on weather started out nice then froze over night. I had to get the neighbors front end loader out to get the rebar out of the frozen tundra. Hey, it's your show do what you want, especially with your wife's "direction" but me, it's cakes of boom and then I'm back to the fireplace.

PyroKing31
10-04-2019, 10:29 AM
This is why my second detached garage is for my workshop and "Inventory" Out of sight, out of mind for the wife.

I'm saving my leftovers for a bigger Memorial day show.

Jay_
10-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Never thought about TSO, but I could vibe with that for sure. Lots of single effect opportunities too! Wizards in winter would probably be the Jam...but man id probably have to buy some more comets.

I only have a handful of comets left....like 20 or less. I do have probably 12 mines and around a case of 62MM shells that I could single effect.

I think I have around 30 500g cakes, 10 200g cakes, a case of 140 shot roman candles, 2 50 racks of heavy cans (still quick fused), several cases of ball shells (as in no way I can shoot all of them), a few really good fountains, and quite a few boom shells.

@Joewad
The weather here on NYE is usually dry and cold. I'm guessing that there would be 30-50 or so folks there unless I hype it up. There is a pretty good chance that everyone will be sampling some spirits that night and might not really care if the show is scripted or not.

joewad
10-04-2019, 09:03 PM
@Joewad
The weather here on NYE is usually dry and cold. I'm guessing that there would be 30-50 or so folks there unless I hype it up. There is a pretty good chance that everyone will be sampling some spirits that night and might not really care if the show is scripted or not.

Cheers.................4519

Rick_In_Tampa
10-13-2019, 04:37 PM
I like Trans Siberian Orchestra for NYE shows. Specifically Wizard of Winter and Carol of the Bells

I love the way this man thinks!! We've been going to see TSO every year for over 15 years now. We have tickets for this years show right before Christmas too! Awesome band. Awesome music. My wife wants me to rig our Christmas lights on the house to move to Wizards in Winter. She says it's for the grand kids. I told her if she thought my pyro habit was expensive, she has no idea what she's asking for!!

So that's my long way of saying I agree with TSO!! I've got a bunch of flame pots and slices to get rid of. I might have to work something up for NYE now too. Hmmmm....