PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Staten Island NY

SIPyro620
09-19-2019, 07:31 PM
hello everyone, Im now registered to the site but have been watching all your videos for a while now. I can see how professional some of you guys really are. Hope to be at that level one day. I shoot 1-2 shows a year for my family and would like to take my hobby to the next level. Im anxiously awaiting Dave?s dvd?s To come in the mail. Once I get them skies the limit!!! Any ny residents with an atf license, feel free to pm me with any advice. thanks!!Also, big shout out to dave, your the man buddy!!

Rick_In_Tampa
09-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Hey there SIPyro620! Welcome aboard. From what I understand New York isn't exactly firework friendly. You said you shoot 1-2 shows a year. Where do you shoot? Have any show video to share? Do you use a firing system? Always interested in checking out how other folks set up their shows.

SIPyro620
09-19-2019, 10:45 PM
Hello Rick, my neighbor in Staten Island has property in pa., we?ve gotten very close through the years and he invites us up to his place a few times a year. I don?t have an atf license so we just stick to 1.4. Back in the 90?s we used to light up the entire block in Staten Island for July 4th, my how the times have changed. You light off a bottle rocket now and the cops show up. I only hand light now but have been looking into firing systems. It kinds stinks having to hand light everything, I feel like I miss the entire show. I?m not confident in lighting off bigger thing seeing how i never have, and with all the different ways of fusing I?ll take baby steps and be fully prepared when I do.

jknepp1954
09-20-2019, 07:05 AM
Welcome SIPyro~ Pyro Talk is a great place!
Do i know you?

chriskrc
09-20-2019, 07:13 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you. I'm from upstate, I have Dave's dvd package as well and I have to finish the process myself. Dave has made some headway here in NY but it seems like it's a bit different here in upstate.

PyroOhio
09-20-2019, 10:39 AM
Welcome board!

PyroJoeNEPA
09-20-2019, 07:00 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk! You will be amazed how quickly those 'baby steps" become "leaps & bounds".

SIPyro620
09-20-2019, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys, I’d like to go to a few open demos , hopefully some of you are there, possibly show me a thing or two, once I get the license of course. Chriskrc where about uostate are you? My family has 70 acres in scoharie county. Love going up there!!!!

chriskrc
09-21-2019, 07:48 AM
Thanks guys, I’d like to go to a few open demos , hopefully some of you are there, possibly show me a thing or two, once I get the license of course. Chriskrc where about uostate are you? My family has 70 acres in scoharie county. Love going up there!!!!

Im in Albany county

displayfireworks1
09-21-2019, 08:53 AM
Thanks for purchasing my ATF/DVD package and welcome to the forums. There are two open shoots coming up in Pennsylvania in October. One of them I am teaching an ATF class. Kellner and Fire Art, Barkeyville and Clearfield Pennsylvania. I believe Fire Art is a little closer to you in Clearfield Pa. Both of these companies are my advertisers. With their cooperation, I have been successful in getting advanced fireworks enthusiast ATF licensed for the sole reason of coming to one of these open shoots to shoot 1.3 products. Here are the links and dates.
If anyone desires they can sign up for a PGI Shooter course.
https://www.kellfire.com/Pdf/2019OCTOBERCLASSFLIER.pdf
http://www.fireartcorp.com/

SIPyro620
09-21-2019, 10:39 AM
Thanks Dave!

Rick_In_Tampa
09-22-2019, 03:46 PM
It's kind of a shame to have all that property and not be able to use it for pyro. Sometimes I think the lawmakers in Mew York are trying to "out-crazy" the lawmakers in California. It's good that you have a plan B in Pennsylvania. I hope to have a nice piece of property to retire and shoot on one day soon.

Fire Art
09-23-2019, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the forum. Let me know if I can help you in any way to obtain your ATF license. Remember it is a Federal License, not specific to a state that you live in. If you are planning to shoot your product in PA it makes the license much easier as they won't try to encumber you with all of the things you need to legally shoot in NY. I have a number of customers that come for The City that have licenses and only shoot two times a year at our Open Shoots. We offer contingency storage to them and they have no issues obtaining their licenses.

displayfireworks1
09-23-2019, 12:18 PM
Thanks for that comment Al. It's nice to hear someone other than me say it. Last year we got a fireworks enthusiast 5 states away licensed using that same strategy.

Wholesale Fireworks
09-23-2019, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. Let me know if I can help you in any way to obtain your ATF license. Remember it is a Federal License, not specific to a state that you live in. If you are planning to shoot your product in PA it makes the license much easier as they won't try to encumber you with all of the things you need to legally shoot in NY. I have a number of customers that come for The City that have licenses and only shoot two times a year at our Open Shoots. We offer contingency storage to them and they have no issues obtaining their licenses.

YES!!! Thank you Al. I try to let those who are interested about you guys and your open shoots all the time. We have helped a few people get their license who go to your open shoots and have the best time ever. Thanks again.

Fire Art
09-23-2019, 02:30 PM
Thanks Ray! One of these days you will have to make i out for one of our shoots.

SIPyro620
09-23-2019, 09:28 PM
Thanks for your reply Al!! I’m on vacation in November, I’d love to set something up so I can come down and speak to you in person. if you have the time that is. thanks in advance. Artie

SIPyro620
09-23-2019, 09:33 PM
Your right Rick it is a shame!!! But my fathers retired so he made a real nice place for the family to go to. He bought all sorts of toys for the kids, dirt bikes, quads, great place to get away from the city and relax. By the way that was an unbelievable July 4th show you put on. Insane!

Rick_In_Tampa
09-24-2019, 04:01 PM
Your right Rick it is a shame!!! But my fathers retired so he made a real nice place for the family to go to. He bought all sorts of toys for the kids, dirt bikes, quads, great place to get away from the city and relax. By the way that was an unbelievable July 4th show you put on. Insane!

Sounds like a place I'd like to retire. Except that dirt bike and quad thing. I'd too old and broke down for that stuff anymore. :(

Thanks for the props on the show. I was very pleased with it this year. Took lots of planning and borrowing ideas from some3 of the great pyro's in here. PyroDan, Pyrojoenepa, Esgrillo, to name a few. Couldn't have done it without them.