PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Demo Videos

Rick_In_Tampa
09-11-2019, 09:29 PM
I've been on this site for a number of years now, and it's occurred to me that I've never seen a vendor post links to their products, new products, demo videos, etc. I just did a search on "vendor demos" and it returned 3 items.

Wouldn't it be nice and/or helpful to the rest of us if the advertisers posted a link or links to their new products each year? It would help them too I would think by driving traffic to their websites. Or am I smoking crack?

Just a random thought....

displayfireworks1
09-11-2019, 10:21 PM
How much is a rock of crack in Florida?

Rick_In_Tampa
09-12-2019, 04:12 PM
lol... I'm sensing push-back here Dave.

So you disagree with the premise of my post? Or are you saying the vendors are posting links to their product demos?

jknepp1954
09-13-2019, 12:39 AM
I don't know about the rest of vendors, but our banner goes to website - and if you check on there - we have a link on home page to videos of demos this year.
Our FB page is just chocked full of pics and other links to videos.

Chubbles
09-13-2019, 01:40 AM
I've also found vids of most of the items missing on the sites on Youtube. Some of the vendors' house brands are harder to find, but groups like Pyronation make it easier.

Wholesale Fireworks
09-13-2019, 09:09 AM
If you go to our website http://www.wfboom.com you will see product videos of the majority of our product line. Be sure to follow the the link so you go to "THE" Wholesale Fireworks...the one and only. Don't want you to end up on one of the impostor sites that are using our name.

PyroKing31
09-13-2019, 11:05 AM
If you go to our website http://www.wfboom.com you will see product videos of the majority of our product line. Be sure to follow the the link so you go to "THE" Wholesale Fireworks...the one and only. Don't want you to end up on one of the impostor sites that are using our name.

Ray, I have spent, an absurd amount of hours on your site planning my order for this coming spring. I have found it very helpful that almost every product has a video attached and an accurate description. However some of the videos seem very old or are just uploaded at lower quality. I have supplemented it with Pimpdaddee28 and Pyronation's videos that offer different perspectives.

Every once in a while through the off season, I go through my spreadsheet again of what I am planning to get and may revise or just re-hype.

but please add a Pro line style product. I am trying to do all my shopping in one place and that is the only avenue you do not have covered.

PyroGyro
09-13-2019, 11:23 AM
Ray, I have spent, an absurd amount of hours on your site planning my order for this coming spring. I have found it very helpful that almost every product has a video attached and an accurate description. However some of the videos seem very old or are just uploaded at lower quality.

I see this with a lot of vendors in general. An 8 year old video might be ok for some once a year pyro who is hand lighting, but for those of us that rely on timing and accuracy of effects to build long scripted shows it doesn't work. I always check the date of the video posted and if it's old I search youtube for newer versions. Besides updated videos I'd like to see more accurate info about the height of the effect, and length of the firework too.

Wholesale Fireworks
09-13-2019, 11:46 AM
Great feedback guys and THANK YOU. You are correct we do need to update some videos and we are working on it. Th problem we have is that being in Ohio it is not legal to shoot fireworks. So we have to make plans to shoot and video elsewhere.
As for the "PRO" line items...there are no plans to offer those items any time soon.

Chubbles
09-13-2019, 12:02 PM
I see this with a lot of vendors in general. An 8 year old video might be ok for some once a year pyro who is hand lighting, but for those of us that rely on timing and accuracy of effects to build long scripted shows it doesn't work. I always check the date of the video posted and if it's old I search youtube for newer versions. Besides updated videos I'd like to see more accurate info about the height of the effect, and length of the firework too.

Agreed. There are year to year variances. Exals and Death shells were fantastic. Reportedly the "quality" has decreased.

joewad
09-13-2019, 01:03 PM
Great feedback guys and THANK YOU. You are correct we do need to update some videos and we are working on it. Th problem we have is that being in Ohio it is not legal to shoot fireworks. So we have to make plans to shoot and video elsewhere.
As for the "PRO" line items...there are no plans to offer those items any time soon.

Hey neighbor, I'm over in Indiana if your lookin for a shoot site :rolleyes:

Rick_In_Tampa
09-15-2019, 03:42 PM
Nice to see some dialogue on this issue. Lots of good suggestions. I know many of the vendors have product video on their sites. Some old. Some new. Some not so well done. I won't buy an effect unless I see how it performs first. So if the video is crap, chances are I'm not going to buy the product. Many of the advertisers advertise on here that they're having a demo on XX date at XX place so plan to be there!! But I don't recall seeing an after the fact link in here that says, "For those of you unable to make it, here's video of our product demo last week." I don't know... Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it seems like a simple and quick way to drive traffic to your website.

joewad
09-15-2019, 05:39 PM
Concur with Rick_In_Tampa, maybe just a vendor post now and then stating new or current product information and/or videos are available would seem to be enough.

joeld1212
09-15-2019, 08:00 PM
This is just common sense. Once a year purchasers might not care what they shoot into the sky, but if you're doing
a show you want to know the effects. No video_ _ _no purchase.