PDA

View Full Version : Black powder cannons

Modmotor54
08-28-2019, 11:13 AM
Anyone in western pa know where to get cannon powder 2fa/1fa?

Robbro097
08-28-2019, 11:35 AM
Im not from pa but couldnt find any around me in ohio i had to order, hopefully u have better luck in your search than i did. Most places have a minimum order ammount and hazmat shipping that really hurts the price 2fa black powder is equivalent to cannon blackpowder for sporting purposes

displayfireworks1
08-28-2019, 12:18 PM
Fire Art one of my advertisers sells it. Did my cannon videos stimulate your cannon use. Lol.

Modmotor54
08-28-2019, 06:49 PM
Lol pretty much. I made a nice salute cannon years ago from a 2inch I.D. seamless tube it cranked! I scraped it when gander mountain went under. No one else around me had BP besides them. I found a guy in butler that has 1f/2f for 28 dollars a lb. At that price im better off paying hazmat shipping and saving gas money.

cptnding
08-28-2019, 08:07 PM
It's expensive but you can order Cannon grade powder from Graff & Sons for about $21 per pound including shipping. Definitely check with Fire Art if they are within driving distance.

Modmotor54
08-28-2019, 08:58 PM
It's expensive but you can order Cannon grade powder from Graff & Sons for about $21 per pound including shipping. Definitely check with Fire Art if they are within driving distance.

Is that including a hazardous materials charge or is that separate?

displayfireworks1
08-29-2019, 12:37 PM
Don't they sell black powder at local mom and pop sporting goods and gun stores. Try one near you. I heard they stopped selling at gun shows but you can still find it from time to time. I believe Fire Art has a bunch of the German black powder. Not sure if you need an ATF license or not

Arclight
08-29-2019, 10:51 PM
Most of the chain sporting goods stores only stock Pyrodex, which is nowhere near as good if you like authentic cannons. Shipping and local ordinances keep a lot of places from stocking it. We had a gun store specializing in antique firearms and gunsmithing here, and they got a shipment of I think 20lbs once a month. That was all they were allowed to keep on-hand. It typically sold out in about 2 days.

On the plus side, ATF doesn't regulate black powder used for "sporting, recreational or cultural use in antique firearms or devices" if you keep less than 50lbs.

Fire Art
09-01-2019, 10:36 AM
We have 2FA for $11.55 a pound for 1lb bottles or $450 for 50lbs of bulk at Fire Art. Just waiting on restock. Should have it in time for our Open Shoot on 10/19 if not sooner.

Modmotor54
09-02-2019, 02:24 AM
The grain i want and the price is awesome! I will be making the trip for that bulk price. Thanks for the info. If it sells fast i will pay asap even before your shipment if needed.

Fire Art
09-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Bulk I have in stock now and it is actually only $425 a case (it is expected to go up once the next shipment arrives due to manufacturer cost increases). You can go on our website and create an account and place an order. Mail us a check for 50% and we will hold your order for up to a year.