PDA

View Full Version : Steve Houser on Fireworks Brigade podcast

Big Worm
08-28-2019, 08:00 AM
http://youtu.be/lueQ0hwl7sg

displayfireworks1
08-28-2019, 12:21 PM
I'll see Steve at NFA convention in September. I'll see what update information he can tell us.

beaver nation
08-30-2019, 05:02 PM
I doubt the weight alone is going to be approved by CPSC staff as it would legalize flash powder shells and cakes which DOT wouldn't approve as 1.4g

displayfireworks1
08-31-2019, 08:52 AM
At Beaver nation... I told them the exact same thing when they ask me. This is where I suspect the "Ear Test" originates years back. The regulation limited the powder and the "Ear Test" if needed would determine as a first and immediate check if the product contained all boom powder or stars and break. No one figured the Chinese would figure a way to put the boom powder and the stars together all in one shell and make a better product and still be at the regulatory load for the most part. Historically the intent was , is the shell or product designed to produce an audible effect or a color effect? Apparently it was easier to differentiate those two back them. Now on some of these artillery canister shells , they can be just an audible effect if you shoot them in the day. The argument is, it is not designed to be an audible effect, it is designed to a color effect. It boggles your mind and blurs the regulation because the argument is , sure it makes noise , but that is secondary to the break of the color effect we built for.
The opposing argument is , we are not going to play that game anymore. We know how you did it and want to stop it. It currently done with the additions of metals. Powered metals give the energetic quality we all love. Again with the opposing argument , the danger level has increased along with the now increased energetic quality, when an accident occurs, it intensifies it. The problem is , its a product that is mainly used by once a year consumers with limited experience. With a device that can quickly identify metal in a product and if you can make the regulation zero metal , you now have a solid enforcement tool with that device they want to use . and not only is it solid. Its fast. Enforcement now is slow or very inefficient, and you will soon find out, it will not stand up legally when World Class takes their most recent case in front of judge. I predict that entire case will get tossed. If they can change the regulation to include that new x-ray type device to search for metals, they now have a solid scientific based data to present as a legal argument. The courts love that sort of thing.