PDA

View Full Version : Another one from Michigan

efitzgerald
08-22-2019, 08:52 PM
Hey Guys,

Dave was nice enough to help me get registered for the forum. I have seen many of his movies but not all.

I am a relative newbie to the pyro world. I have been shooting 1.4g scripted e-fired shows for the last three years. I just started shooting AP items this year and it got me hooked on better effects. I received my type 54 FEL in July and I am hoping to step it up for future shows. I have taken a PGI display operators course but still need to fulfill the experience part of the certificate.

I am hoping to meet others interested in pyrotechnics and safely / legally(at least close enough) make my home shows more impressive. I am also getting into making black powder and would be grateful for some assistance. It looks very straight forward but also easy to make explosive mistakes. I have a wide skill set and would be happy to trade for help.

This probably isn't the best place to post it but: I have approximately 200 12? unplugged HDPE DR11 mortar tubes that I wanted to get rid of for free. I already have 15 50 shot racks and really don't need to make more. If you know anyone that wants them they are available. Pickup only in Dryden, MI.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4431&stc=1

- Eric

displayfireworks1
08-22-2019, 09:12 PM
I appreciate some of the new members being patient with the registration process . I have to add a few new things to it to prevent or slow down spammers registering. I communicated with this new member and permitted this posting of the mortars since he is giving them away and not selling them. He has his location listed if someone in his area is interested here is you change to build some racks.
At efitzgerald, you are doing all the right things with the ATF license and taking additional training, what firing system are you using to shoot and script your displays? If you want to make black powder, please post your questions in the Fireworks Manufacturing section of the forums.
Looks like you are close to Detroit
http://pics2.city-data.com/city/maps5/frt1156.png

efitzgerald
08-22-2019, 09:22 PM
Hello Dave,

I am using a Cobra firing system:

18R2 remote / I use Pyrothek for programming
5 18m firing modules with LiPo batteries.
1 36m firing module
audio module - I haven't used it yet (need more cues)
I have the wireless programmer if anyone close by needs an update.

I am about 50 miles north of Detroit, out in the corn fields.

-Eric

Rick_In_Tampa
08-22-2019, 09:53 PM
Welcome aboard Ed!! Based on the resume you just laid out, it sounds to me like you're probably the best qualified pyro newbie I've ever read about! Most impressive credentials. I'd be interested in seeing your July 4th show if you have any video to share.

I have a cousin who lives in Macomb Michigan. I don't know where that is in relation to you. I could always use a few hundred more tubes! Maybe I could convince her to take a road trip for me. :rolleyes:

efitzgerald
08-22-2019, 10:17 PM
Hello Rick,

I only have my 2018 4th of July show online. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj9oWodl_P4&t=100s

It was not a great one. I had a bit of a mix up, two 50 shot racks went up around 1:30 instead of during the finale. All 1.4g consumer fireworks: 750 shells and around 90 500g cakes. This is the main reason that I wanted more / better options than just shells and cakes. I shot a nice show at my cousins this year with primarily AP slices and it was great, a lot less material but much better effects (no video though).

Macomb is about 45 minutes away depending on traffic. They are yours if you want them. I posted them on craigslist for free but only got a few nuts that never followed through.

- Eric

rfgonzo
08-22-2019, 11:02 PM
Welcome Eric, I also am a new member here and live in Sterling Heights MI. I just got done making 30, 10 shot DR11 racks. I would like to pickup your DR11 tubes but I would insist on giving you some money for them. Very generous offer of you. I could pickup anytime your available. Please PM me if this works for you.

Thanks,
Ryan,

efitzgerald
08-22-2019, 11:08 PM
Hello Ryan,

If Rick doesn't want them they are yours. No money though, I got them for free.

- Eric

rfgonzo
08-22-2019, 11:19 PM
Sounds Good Eric, either way I'm in your area and have been shooting since it's been legal in MI. I Just purchased my first Cobra system this year and can't wait to put it to use this Labor day weekend. I've scripted one 4 minute song for testing purposes. If you ever want to pick each others brains, hit me up. I sent you a pm with contact info.

chriskrc
08-23-2019, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you, glad to see you were able to get registered. I wish I saw this yesterday I would love to have thise tubes.

rfgonzo
08-25-2019, 10:26 PM
Just wanted to say Thank You to efitzgerald for 226 free DR11 tubes. It was nice meeting you today. Also a Thank You to Rick_In_Tampa who had first dibs on tubes and was gracious enough to let me have them. Class act from both gentleman.