PDA

View Full Version : 62mm 1.4Pro is it worth it?

PyroKing31
08-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Looking into stepping up to some nicer products this coming year and the 1.4Pro line from Dominator has my attention.

Are the 62mm preloads worth it in your opinion vs 60g Cans or NOAB's

Robbro097
08-19-2019, 01:59 PM
With my limited experience i say 100% absolutely they go way higher spread is huge and perfectly round and the colors are the brightest iv seen. The strobe are so bright they look like actual strobes not just the flickering glitter kinda look in consumer products (witch is my fav effect) you will pay more so im not replacing cans with em. Now that iv made my way to elite pricing at americanwholesalefireworks im paying about 3:50 a shot so not a bad price at all compared to noabs. If scripting a show u can time them to create some really cool multi level effects.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-19-2019, 03:14 PM
I only use shells as sky puke for my finale. Having said that... The Dominator effects they used at PGI this year were amazing. I've never seen such vibrant colors and awesome ghost effects. I'm definitely going to be purchasing Dominator products for next years show.

Fox One
08-19-2019, 06:57 PM
Can these Dominator and Spirit of 76 60mm shells be used with visco or are they E fire only? I wouldn't mind picking up a few of them if I can chain fuse them like regular cans. But with my P1200 firing system, I wouldn't want to mess with them if I have to tie up a cue for every shell. On the surface, these shells seem kinda pricey at $5 to $6 per shot, but if they perform as well as the big NOABs, then really they aren't a bad deal at all. Just look how much the nicer 3" NOABs sell for. I'd love to have some the SO76 Nishiki 60mm shells if I can use visco on them.

Robbro097
08-19-2019, 07:18 PM
They only have an e port iv seen ppl on YouTube fuse em but i never have. Theyr every bit the hieght break size of 3" noabs topped off with some the brightest colors in consumer fireworks. I wanted to try those 60mm nishiki from 76 but my budget got in the way this yr lol

Fox One
08-19-2019, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the info. I might dabble around with some and see how they work sticking some fuse in them. But after having gone and watched some video of these Dominator 1.4 Pro shells, all I can say is HOLY COW! Those things are sweet, so sweet in fact that I might just have to dedicate about 12-24-36 cues of my system to them. Or I might just use this as an excuse to expand my system. I also assume I'll need to build some new racks, as these probably won't fit into racks sized for DR11 tubes. A pyro's work is never finished it seems. But that's about half the fun really.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-19-2019, 09:12 PM
All of the SO76 shells (I believe) you're talking about have e-ports, no visco. I used the 50MM shells in my show this year. I don't have racks for any of them. I duct tape them together, run wood dowel rods between them, and stake them to the ground at the angle I want. Seems to work well for what I do. Cleanup is easy too. Remove the rods and throw everything else in the trash.

Anything Nishiki seems to sell out fast. It's a shame because they're such an awesome effect.

Robbro097
08-19-2019, 09:23 PM
All of the SO76 shells (I believe) you're talking about have e-ports, no visco. I used the 50MM shells in my show this year. I don't have racks for any of them. I duct tape them together, run wood dowel rods between them, and stake them to the ground at the angle I want. Seems to work well for what I do. Cleanup is easy too. Remove the rods and throw everything else in the trash.

Anything Nishiki seems to sell out fast. It's a shame because they're such an awesome effect.

I really like the idea of that im taking up alot of space with pyro gear as it is and would much rather use on something else other than more racks lol. I still have a bunch of left over fireworks i wanna shoot so i can put up walls in my barn and dont have to move them out only to move bacj but in ohio i dont wanna push my luck with police too far from the 4th. I think about half my neighbors like the other half i dont kno i invite them but never hear em say more than thanx for invite. Cop told me at a house party years ago when a neighbor kept calling always invite your neighbors to any big event because most likely they wont call cuz they could b a part of it if they chose

Rick_In_Tampa
08-19-2019, 09:36 PM
I rent a storage unit for all my pyro stuff, but instead it's full of my daughters crap, and my pyro stuff is still taking up space in my garage. Still trying to figure out how that happened. But yes.. space is a consideration. So I try to economize wherever I can.

Fox One
08-20-2019, 12:14 AM
Wow, awesome idea! I'd never considered not using an actual rack for these. But what you suggested would work well and certainly cut down on the amount of gear I'd need to store. I like the idea of being able to put it together, shoot it, then just throw away 90% of it when finished.

chriskrc
08-20-2019, 07:18 AM
I haven't used these products yet myself but after watching videos on them and reading posts about them. They are every bit worth it. Seems like a nice way to step up a show.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-20-2019, 03:43 PM
They are a great way to accent various points in your show, especially if you do pyro-musicals.

PC13
08-20-2019, 04:44 PM
Are these any louder than regular 1.75” cannister shells?

Robbro097
08-20-2019, 05:23 PM
Iv never shot them together to say for sure but listening to video from my show i dont know for sure how much louder but deff a deeper kind of sound and not any softer i do remember theyr was some dominator pro item that actually hurt my ear for a moment or made it pop cant remember just kinda holy cow moment during show and i was every bit of 200 feet away cant rem if it was those or theyr 2" 10shot cakes anyways long story short dom pro is awesome lol

Fox One
08-20-2019, 06:03 PM
Now that I think about it, I'll probably just drive a stake or some type of rod into the ground and duct tape the individual tubes to these. Then they can be fired as singles, or I could wire up some in parallel and fire them as pairs. Even my cheapo P1200 Chinese system should be able to fire off two MJG initiators per cue wired in parallel. I think a batch of these pro single shot tubes would be a nice transition point between the main body of the show and the finale, though I'd like to use some as a part of the finale also to get that triple layer burst effect going. I will certainly need to add some extra modules, but they aren't that expensive. I think you can get 12 cues on Ebay for right around $26, give or take a few. I'll gladly pay that for a few extra sets of modules in order to get those enormous, sky filling breaks these shells are known for. I honestly don't know why I haven't considered buying some of these before now. I suppose it was mainly just a lack of knowledge about them in general that steered my away, as I wasn't even sure I'd be allowed to purchase them.

cherrybomb1
08-20-2019, 06:47 PM
I’ve bought them from Casabella and Night Lights/little China before I got my 54 permit...just tell them you fire electronically and your good to go.Jerry and Eddie are great guys to work with.Being in Kentucky hopefully your not to far from them but I drive down from northern Illinois.Also Eddie carries T-sky 1.4 pro and that’s some nice product.

Robbro097
08-20-2019, 07:20 PM
Iv wanted to try some tsky pro havent seen much but heard good stuff i wish i could have fireworks shipped to me thats a further drive than i care for. Fingers crossed americanwholesalefireworks expands theyr 1.4 pro brands they do carry some so76 proline stuff. Its looking like all these 1.4 pro stuff is great quality

joed2323
08-20-2019, 07:51 PM
I'm not here to knock 60mm shells by 76 although it may sound like it and I apologize.

Since shooting both and even side by side comparisons.

If the effect you are looking for comes in the 62mm by dominator by all means get it over the 60mm.
You wouldn't think there is much difference of 2mm difference but I can assure you there is definitely a noticeable difference.

Dominators lifts harder and breaks bigger over 76s 60mm tubes.

Since comparing both, I only buy dominator 62mm from now on and your not forced to buy a complete case of 60mm from 76!

Robbro097
08-20-2019, 08:14 PM
I'm not here to knock 60mm shells by 76 although it may sound like it and I apologize.

Since shooting both and even side by side comparisons.

If the effect you are looking for comes in the 62mm by dominator by all means get it over the 60mm.
You wouldn't think there is much difference of 2mm difference but I can assure you there is definitely a noticeable difference.

Dominators lifts harder and breaks bigger over 76s 60mm tubes.

Since comparing both, I only buy dominator 62mm from now on and your not forced to buy a complete case of 60mm from 76!

Good to know

PyroManiacs
08-21-2019, 02:21 AM
Also Eddie carries T-sky 1.4 pro and that?s some nice product.

Having used T-Sky 1.3 before, just yea.....Im sure the quality has been extended down to the consumer level, no doubt. In my top 3 favorites for quality product.

PC13
08-21-2019, 05:07 PM
Iv never shot them together to say for sure but listening to video from my show i dont know for sure how much louder but deff a deeper kind of sound and not any softer i do remember theyr was some dominator pro item that actually hurt my ear for a moment or made it pop cant remember just kinda holy cow moment during show and i was every bit of 200 feet away cant rem if it was those or theyr 2" 10shot cakes anyways long story short dom pro is awesome lol

Sounds good, I was surprised to see a video on YouTube comparing cans and there was a good 3-5 decibels difference between normal consumer cans so I wasn’t sure if these would be loaded to the limit being 1.4 pro. I’ve been looking through their products and they seem very nice.

Hotfusepyro
09-28-2022, 06:01 PM
i am waiting on my first order of 62mm shells. can someome give me the height and width(diameter) of the dominator 62mm. i am trying to get started on some racks and need those demensions.

Bitzan
09-29-2022, 06:16 PM
i am waiting on my first order of 62mm shells. can someome give me the height and width(diameter) of the dominator 62mm. i am trying to get started on some racks and need those demensions.

13 7/8" tall. 2 3/4" wide.
I was able to build some nice racks but in the end had to rip cut 2x4s (which was tough as I don't own a table saw and my carpentry skills are non-existent). Cost me a six pack to a neighbor of which I drank two while he was cutting and he came over for the fireworks show - good deal for all!

PG2159
09-29-2022, 06:57 PM
I rent a storage unit for all my pyro stuff, but instead it's full of my daughters crap, and my pyro stuff is still taking up space in my garage. Still trying to figure out how that happened. But yes.. space is a consideration. So I try to economize wherever I can.

I’m doing a build out of above garage door storage specifically for this. Racks, early purchase product. I’ll post a picture when it’s done.

schmidlapp
10-10-2022, 06:03 AM

24 shot rack, base is ripped 2x4' separated by 1/2" plywood dividers.

schmidlapp
10-10-2022, 06:06 AM
I posted an old picture, I've added reinforcement of 2x4 surrounding the outside.

PYRODAN
10-19-2022, 05:48 PM
a couple of pics my 62mm rack