PDA

View Full Version : importing

Mattp
08-16-2019, 10:34 AM
i came across a guy on youtube the other day.. with a new channel.. he was showing demo videos of 1.3g fireworks.. and saying he knows the guy in china who wants to sell these direct.. he did say you need a type54.. and recommended people check out dave's youtube for help with getting one.. thought this was weird because as far as i know.. a type 54 does not allow you to import.. or does it if its for personal use??? i still dont think so.. went to look at that guys video again today... and its gone.. so maybe someone already told him he shouldn't be telling people this.. just wanted to see other thoughts on this.. can we as type 54 permit holders buy stuff from china or any where that requires it to be shipped in to the country?? for personal use??

displayfireworks1
08-16-2019, 11:32 AM
Yes it comes UPS from China. All you do is sign for it. I called Zambelli and told them to drop that ATF importer license. Ask the guy making the claim not us.

PyroManiacs
08-16-2019, 12:47 PM
Lol @ Dave!

Mattp
08-16-2019, 04:29 PM
LOL.. ya, I thought that was a stupid question.. but figured I’d ask it anyway.. was curious if there was any merit to it.. not that I would.. having a distributor is so convenient as it is

jknepp1954
08-16-2019, 05:26 PM
So what is your real question? Type 54 is the WRONG license - i do believe you need an importers license.
And alot of federal and state regulations to go with this....
EDIT - sorry i misread the op's question and other remarks.... ooops!

PyroJoeNEPA
08-16-2019, 05:53 PM
That UPS delivery truck is one of the new ones with the BIG balloon tires they are going to use until the G.N.D. bridge from CA to Asia is built!