PDA

View Full Version : Blasting this AM in my town

displayfireworks1
08-03-2019, 10:47 AM
Not really fireworks however, when I heard they were blasting near my home as they continue to make way for a new highway, I could not resist seeing it. These blasts are never as loud as I expect. Maybe next time I'll talk them in to letting me blast off some salutes on a Cobra to make it more dramatic. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smmf6yUoUaM

Robbro097
08-03-2019, 11:43 AM
Thats really cool in slowmo being able to see all the individual blast ripping across

Mattp
08-03-2019, 04:46 PM
Oh ya.. that is pretty cool... I guess being buried in the ground would definitely damper the sound would be cool to have some movie style blasts though

Mississippipyro
08-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Reminds of my youth, my dad did this type of work in Alaska in the 70s and would take me to work for the blasting days, it was my introduction to pyro and big BOOMs :-)

Rick_In_Tampa
08-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully all that blasting doesn't knock the lawnmower guy off his schedule!

Arclight
08-06-2019, 11:06 PM
Yeah, they usually put blast mats, sandbags or backfill over it and have to limit the size of charge that goes off with each delay to keep vibration down. They also put the product at the bottom of a hole 4-12' deep for that kind of work, and the top 1/3-12 is all stemming material, usually gravel.