PDA

View Full Version : Registration is Closed.

displayfireworks1
07-25-2019, 05:17 AM
I woke up this AM to find spammer messages on the forums. I have a couple of theory's on why this happening when the popularity of pyrotalk is at an all time high. For now I am closing registration of new forums members. If you see spammer postings do not comment on them. You may get caught up in the administrative removal process on that thread.

displayfireworks1
07-26-2019, 07:49 PM
Still finding an occasional spam post. One of the forums member let me know and I removed it. Thanks Remember don't respond to any spam posting. Registration will stay closed.
On a side note. What does a spammer email address look like? Here are a few examples.
robertbz6@kaede7410.takayuki52.funnetwork.xyz
benitaam2@isamu4110.satoshi38.investmentweb.xyz
terriyu16@eiji84.dev256.xyz
yuansichen20160626@gmail.com
shestakov175qhjx@uymail.com
terriyu16@eiji84.dev256.xyz

displayfireworks1
08-14-2019, 07:47 PM
08/14/2019 7:46 pm EST
I just opened pyrotalk forums registration. If you want to sign on as a new forums member please do so now. I am not sure how long it will be open.
I had a problem with spammers signing onto to the forums , I am trying to balance making it easy to sign on the forums for fireworks enthusiast without complicating the registration process. I may need to shut it back down. so if you want to sign on please do so now.
https://antitrustlair.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/register-now-1.jpg?w=378&h=204

displayfireworks1
08-14-2019, 08:30 PM
Sorry closed again , within 30 minutes spammers entered. I'll have to tighten it up and open it up again later this week.

displayfireworks1
08-15-2019, 07:56 PM
I am going to open registration on the pyrotalk forums again .
I am trying to balance making it easy to sign onto pyrotalk and post, at the same time I am trying to stop the sudden spam attack on the website. Please note if you are trying to register for pyrotalk forums, the registration process will now require you to use a proper email address. Pyrotalk will send an email to your email address to verify and activate your account for posting. If you do not receive that email , please check your spam folder. I know there are fireworks enthusiast out there trying to register for the forums, once you get through this initial process you should be good to go.
If you go through this procedure and do not receive the conformation email. Send me an email to pyrotalk@gmail.com .
In that email I need
Your username
Email address
location , state or country.
Again , I see there are fireworks enthusiast out there trying to sign on and at the same time I'm trying to protect the integrity of the forums . Sorry for any inconvenience on this.