PDA

View Full Version : best deals

TwentyFourSeven
07-22-2019, 11:21 PM
Do you guys really think online sellers are cheaper? From what i have seen its just as good to hit Phanton when they do their buy 1 get 3 on entire inventory no limits coupons. Correct me if I am wrong. If so what are some favorite online stores?

cmalloy513
07-22-2019, 11:51 PM
Absolutely. Buying wholesale online and having it shipped/picking it up in person is the absolute best way to go with 1.4. Most wholesalers have discount tiers so the more you spend the more you save. Just need to crunch some more numbers and shop around different wholesalers to find which place is right for you. You will also find that different places have different product so you could make multiple purchases from different wholesalers to get even more variety in your show. If you really want to step up your Pyro game and get the best bang for your buck wholesale is the way to go 100%

Rick_In_Tampa
07-23-2019, 12:06 AM
Depending on your budget buying wholesale can save you a ton. If you're budget is less than $1K then you'd probably do just as well at a local store. By shopping online you can see videos of the products in the comfort of your own recliner and come up with a list of goodies. Again,, depending on your tier for savings, the amount you save can (and in my case does) offset the shipping cost. So I never have to leave my house to buy anything!

Robbro097
07-23-2019, 12:35 AM
1 quick example i paid 43.12 apiece out the door for yinyang noab a comperable noab from phantom is 200+tax that would have to b nearly buy 1 get 4 free

cptnding
07-23-2019, 01:06 AM
1 quick example i paid 43.12 apiece out the door for yinyang noab a comperable noab from phantom is 200+tax that would have to b nearly buy 1 get 4 free

Hey Rob, if you like Yin Yang you should take a look at Red Riff from Brothers. It's a straight re-wrap and costs less. One of my favorites.

Pyro Paul
07-23-2019, 05:58 AM
You can get better deals online from a wholesale place, usually you don't get charged sales tax but in return they charge you a higher shipping rate. You'll easily pay over 100.00 shipping right off the bat. If you're buying $1000 or more though it usually averages out. When buying wholesale you are getting several of the same cakes unless you look for the assorted cases. That all being said, sometimes it's worth the gas and drive time for the peace of mind to get all of your product in good shape by driving a few hours to pick it up if you have the time but you'll pay sales tax. For example I drive 3 hours to Spirit of 76 to pick up my orders in Columbia MO and an hour or so to St Joe MO to another importer. I've found the best way to purchase online is to get in on group buys. Then you can split cases and share the shipping charges.

PyroGyro
07-23-2019, 06:27 AM
Wholesale is definitely cheaper than Phantom's BOG2, even if you have it shipped. Like 20-30% cheaper. Further, if I have to essentially buy 3 I'm actually going to want 4, because a lot of times I'll shoot a cake in pairs. Last year I really wanted a particular cake from Phantom so I did BOG2. I asked them if they would extend the price of an extra cake at the average cost of the other 3 and they said no, I would have to buy 6. Lame.

Icooclast
07-23-2019, 08:28 AM
wholesale online is really the way to go, if you have a decent budget. like said already: no leaving home, seeing fireworks vids before you buy them, cheaper prices, better quality (imo), and if you really order early you get some great discounts. PM me if you'd like the list of a few places to look into online.

snickels
07-23-2019, 08:42 AM
Just jumping in here real quick about the shipping. Fireworks have to be shipped freight and freight pricing starts at $100 and goes up based on weight. That isn't something that the companies are doing to make more money. Like everyone has said, once you buy the wholesale and get the discounts, the shipping pretty much pays for itself in your savings.

Wholesale Fireworks
07-23-2019, 09:10 AM
Just jumping in here real quick about the shipping. Fireworks have to be shipped freight and freight pricing starts at $100 and goes up based on weight. That isn't something that the companies are doing to make more money. Like everyone has said, once you buy the wholesale and get the discounts, the shipping pretty much pays for itself in your savings.

Snickels THANK YOU... some people who purchase fireworks on line think its just like Amazon. There is a big difference. ALL fireworks are considered haz mat and must ship as such. TheY MUST ship on a pallet and MUST ship via LTL (semi truck) They don't show up at your door via UPS brown truck. IF THEY DO...SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING VERY ILLEGAL. in some cases product can be delivered to your home but they are not being unloaded and dropped at your front door. Many times the product will have to ship to a freight terminal and you will need to go pick it up. Shippers have very little control over freight prices and as you stated....we are not making money on the freight. The price is controlled by weight and distance. Someone has to pay the freight charges, so when you see FREE freight... the price is usually added to the price of the product.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-23-2019, 03:59 PM
You can get better deals online from a wholesale place, usually you don't get charged sales tax but in return they charge you a higher shipping rate. You'll easily pay over 100.00 shipping right off the bat.

I paid right around $500 for shipping this year. I also had right around that many effects in my show. So shipping basically added $1 to everything I bought. That's really hard to beat when you compare wholesale prices vs. retail.

TwentyFourSeven
07-24-2019, 06:37 PM
Any wholesalers near Tampa FL? I can pick up and save on shipping as well and really make out.

displayfireworks1
07-24-2019, 08:11 PM
At TwentyFourSeven . Your budget determines your discounts and the time of year you are purchasing. Have those two questions answered and run it past my advertisers on this list. We are not going to name every fireworks store in Florida .
http://www.pyrotalk.com/sponsors.php

Rick_In_Tampa
07-24-2019, 11:55 PM
Any wholesalers near Tampa FL? I can pick up and save on shipping as well and really make out.

I don't know of any. We buy from Spirit of 76 in Mo. They're one of the sponsors here. But like Dave said, your budget and timing is going to determine the amount of your discount. If you can be ready to pull the trigger in January you'll be in good shape.

TwentyFourSeven
07-25-2019, 07:37 AM
I don't know of any. We buy from Spirit of 76 in Mo. They're one of the sponsors here. But like Dave said, your budget and timing is going to determine the amount of your discount. If you can be ready to pull the trigger in January you'll be in good shape.

Thank you. I seen some of his. ideos also.