PDA

View Full Version : Better fireworks in what state?

TwentyFourSeven
07-21-2019, 06:55 PM
Traveling from Florid to Tennessee this winter and back. Is there a particular state that can sell bigger-better fireworks? We r stuck with 500 gram repeaters here in fl and certain size motors. Just curious. This is my first post so from Florida to you all, hello everybody. Im just getting in to this firework thing. Been spending a bit of money every 4th and new years. Just want to get bigger and better but dont know how. I like them big and loud...lol

MtnViewPyro
07-21-2019, 07:33 PM
As a consumer, you’re limited to 500grams for cakes and 60grams for shells regardless of state. If you get something over this amount they are referred to as overloads and not in compliance with the law. Best way to get the big and loud stuff is to get your atf license. Dave provides a dvd through this website on how to get your atf license.

Robbro097
07-21-2019, 08:30 PM
Wont help u get bigger but you can deff get more by buying wholesale and there are alot of nice consumer stuff out that is plenty big n loud for most occasions

CozmicRooster
07-21-2019, 10:14 PM
I find that 1.4G consumer fireworks are really all I need for what I do, mainly just backyard stuff a couple times a year. I built my first milk crate rack this year and shot some 500g cakes with canisters and used the crate for the finale and it was great, even on 5 acres. I’m in an unfortunate regulatory situation where the State authority says I’m good to use 1.4G but the to get a City permit I am required to be licensed by the State, in which case I need my ATF 1.3G permit, DNR training, 3 references, and $1,000,000 insurance.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-21-2019, 10:20 PM
I also live in Florida and I believe in letting the fireworks come to me. I would also encourage you to start looking at wholesale options. There is a list of vendors (sponsors) on this site that have tons of different options, and you can get them delivered to your door.

TwentyFourSeven
07-22-2019, 06:12 PM
Thank you for the replies. I will check in to wholesalers

chriskrc
07-23-2019, 07:15 AM
If you really want to get into a little more without going into 1.3, dave also does a training course for articles of pyro technics. These products can add a little more to a 1.4 show as well.

joed2323
07-23-2019, 08:00 AM
If you really want to get into a little more without going into 1.3, dave also does a training course for articles of pyro technics. These products can add a little more to a 1.4 show as well.

I would say 1.4 pro fan slices and sweeps adds a ton to a consumer show especially when your shooting from multiple positions.

62mm preloads are worth the price and add alot of pop to a show.

It is pretty amazing actually what a person can actually do with 1.4 consumer class fireworks and 1.4 pro with a well thought out scripted show.. I actually enjoy dissenting cakes and changing the firing order and or removing finale rows or even removing some tubes or a row to make a cake shorter in duration.

I would much rather watch a 1.4 pyromusical then say some small town show where they shoot 1.3 class fireworks with 3"-5" shells that were just "bucket-tossed" randomly into the show with no planning or purpose whatsoever! (no offense to the guys that do this, I personally hate when small town/city shows do this)

If you are trying to spice up your show and are serious, I would definitely look into a firing system. Having a firing system makes a world of difference, having one that you can fully script a show is priceless in my opinion.

You do not always need 1.3 class display shells to spice up a show. You can do alot with consumer class fireworks.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-23-2019, 04:43 PM
It is pretty amazing actually what a person can actually do with 1.4 consumer class fireworks and 1.4 pro with a well thought out scripted show..

Exactly right!! Check out the shows Spirit of 76 did at PGI last year on You Tube. All 1.4G and awesome!! I get a lot of inspiration from watching their shows.

TwentyFourSeven
07-24-2019, 06:38 PM
Exactly right!! Check out the shows Spirit of 76 did at PGI last year on You Tube. All 1.4G and awesome!! I get a lot of inspiration from watching their shows.

Bad ass dude. I live west of Tampa not far. Near Tarpon Springs.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-24-2019, 11:58 PM
They do great work don't they?

Frankiefireworks19
07-25-2019, 11:38 PM
I'm in Holiday next door neighbor. You should PM me!