View Full Version : Loading upside down continues again this year.

displayfireworks1
07-19-2019, 09:49 PM
This is what I keep trying to tell the AFSL. Two things occur with these reloadables. One is they hold it and the other is they load it upside down. I found this doing a quick search. I hoping one day they will listen to my suggestion in regard to making the fuse visible and not go under the paper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoZwgILKo8Q

Mattp
07-19-2019, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=displayfireworks1;60502].
This is what I keep trying to tell the AFSL. Two things occur with these reloadables. One is they hold it and the other is they load it upside down..

This kid did both... I like how they brush right over the fact he said he was having a firework war
Also I really think the people who are loading them upside down would have no clue which way is correct whether they can see the fuse or not.. if shells that have arrows pointing and saying this end up or literally writing top on the top didn’t work... IDK what will... maybe they should make everyone who buys artillery shells have to be shown how to load them before purchasing them.. like just have a demo tube and dummy shell on the counter and take two seconds to show people.

cptnding
07-19-2019, 10:44 PM
I'd be interested to know what brand and what type of mortar he blew himself up with. The video shows an Excal tube and a shell that looks like it was ran over by a car. The shell is clearly not an Excal shell. My guess would be that he had one of the crappy super thin fiberglass mortars in his hand. If all shells came with HDPE mortars I think there would be a lot less severe injuries and deaths. Or maybe not. Just my opinion.

Robbro097
07-19-2019, 11:37 PM
I cant help but say it every time just cant fix stupid

Knightmare
07-20-2019, 12:54 AM
People must not like having hands....

No way this was an Excalibur because his hand would be gone!

Also why is someone having a fireworks war? Why are people not reading directions? Why are people ignoring safety practices? Why are people so damn stupid?!?!

They will be illegal everywhere soon!

jknepp1954
07-20-2019, 07:50 AM
Dave and others - sometimes no matter how you try - you just can't fix stupid!

esgrillo
07-20-2019, 10:02 AM
The entire tone of this story is fireworks are just bad and dangerous and the fact that these were improperly used is completely glossed over which is typical as we all know.

One thing I did find somewhat unusual is that in AR which this story is based, you can by shells and other fireworks, without adult supervision, at the age of 12. That might be something worth discussing. It is 16 in TX... same as the driving age.

joewad
07-20-2019, 11:32 AM
Dave and others - sometimes no matter how you try - you just can't fix stupid!

And on a more severe note, why some wild animals still eat their young

Rick_In_Tampa
07-21-2019, 03:27 AM
Just like with school shootings, the emphasis is placed on the wrong thing by people who are already predisposed to hate guns, or in this case, fireworks. The mangled shell they showed for 2 seconds in the video was marked with "This End Up". Apparently didn't help this 18 year old moron who was shooting them at his friends. Passive eugenics at work folks!

Fulliautomatix
07-21-2019, 08:38 AM
Also why is someone having a fireworks war? Why are people not reading directions? Why are people ignoring safety practices? Why are people so damn stupid?!?!

They will be illegal everywhere soon!

The entire tone of this story is fireworks are just bad and dangerous and the fact that these were improperly used is completely glossed over which is typical as we all know.

Some people are just eager to have the government protect us from ourselves. ("Us" in the general sense, not board members specifically)

patsy
07-22-2019, 04:53 PM
No one should be having firework wars. These jackasses lately are going to ruin everything we love about consumer fireworks. Even with consumer fireworks being safer these days. The morons out there will always find a way out of there own stupidty and lack of respect make something thats suppose to be an entartaining enjoyable art form a dangerous disaster.