PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Rochester NY!

PyroKing31
07-19-2019, 09:12 AM
Hi all,

Found this place via dave's youtube in the hunt for how to step my game up this past fourth and between him and a few other channels I have re-ignited my passion for fireworks.

I built and bought some tube racks, put on the best show I have ever done and found a community of other people who share the passion. I am researching getting my type 54, but NY state has its own list of regulations and limitations that make it near impossible unless its your job.

There is a great manufacturer/ display company near me "Young Explosives" that I intend to work for next year to make this dream a reality and learn a LOT from experts in their craft.

Look forward to learning and growing my hobby with the help of you folks

Rick_In_Tampa
07-20-2019, 11:36 PM
Welcome aboard PyroKing. Lots of smart experienced pyros in here to learn from. You came to the right place!

nypyro
07-20-2019, 11:54 PM
Good to see another New Yorker. I believe Young explosives has pyro technician classes in may.

Pyro Paul
07-21-2019, 11:30 AM
Welcome to Pyrotalk!

PyroKing31
07-21-2019, 07:33 PM
Good to see another New Yorker. I believe Young explosives has pyro technician classes in may.

I think you are right! I did my last shoot not to far from you. Seneca lake in Himrod at my In-laws lake house.

BeerGuyEd
07-22-2019, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the forums. I grew up in Rochester. Good to see someone from the area on here.

Wholesale Fireworks
07-22-2019, 12:03 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Pyro King ...Very familiar with your neck of the woods and have a lot of customers from out your way.

PyroKing31
07-22-2019, 12:38 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Pyro King ...Very familiar with your neck of the woods and have a lot of customers from out your way.

We've been chatting via email! I will be stopping by for sure in the future!

CMiller
07-22-2019, 04:30 PM
Welcome from Northern New York. Getting your 54 is relatively easy in NY, but to shoot here you need a NY own and possess permit and a shooters permit. Both are going to require some sort of proof to training. To get your shooters, your going to need 3 years of experience with a company with 5 shoots year. Then you can apply to take the test. I've heard of Youngs before.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you will connect with many pyros in NY here. Settle in & enjoy the camaraderie!