PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati pyro with a question

Catchingfrogs
07-19-2019, 12:16 AM
Help! I have lost the audio on YouTube. Any takers? Is this a flash issue? The problem is the troubleshooting videos are on YouTube and, of course, I cannot hear them. You can contact me at chris@christopherwwilliams.com

AxeElf
07-19-2019, 01:39 AM
Have you tried un-muting the videos?

displayfireworks1
07-19-2019, 04:55 AM
Here at pyrotalk in addition to questions related to pyrotechnics , we also take questions in regard to computer software and hardware issues, plumbing related problems , home electrical , heating and air conditioning and of course least we not forget automotive. LOL Please know I mean all of this jokingly. I do not want to let the forums go in that direction. Not everyone has trouble shooting skills. Reminds of a time I sold a computer printer to a coworker, they told me the next day that they connected it and it did not work. After some discussion they realized they connected the cable to the computer but did not plug it into the wall. This is why directions start with , plug it in, put fuel in it etc.

Catchingfrogs
07-19-2019, 07:37 AM
Have you tried un-muting the videos? I have with no effect.

Catchingfrogs
07-19-2019, 09:57 AM
I take your point. I am setting up a pyro channel. Without the audio, I am unable to plug it into the wall.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-20-2019, 11:34 PM
Help! I have lost the audio on YouTube. Any takers? Is this a flash issue? The problem is the troubleshooting videos are on YouTube and, of course, I cannot hear them. You can contact me at chris@christopherwwilliams.com

Okay, stupid question. Can you hear ANYTHING out of the speakers on your system? If so, it's not your system. Are you able to hear sound when you play videos that aren't on your site? Can you go to (for example) Pandora.com and hear music playing? The only issue that comes to mind is the possibility that the audio files are copyright protected and YouTube is blocking them.

Beyond that, it's almost impossible to diagnose without being there.