PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Austin Texas!

RoosterWalt
07-18-2019, 08:15 PM
Hi Y?all,

We?re in Austin Texas - luckily though, we?re on the fringe in Hays County so we can have fun with fireworks. We also have 7 acres so enough for a small show.

After seeing a YouTube video of Ed?s show up north a bit.... I couldn?t resist the temptation to take on a new hobby!

I?m kind of a ?go for it guy? so this past 4th we got a Cobra remote, an audio box, and 2 18m?s and jumped in with both feet.

We used to go pretty big at Xmas and at this new house there just isn?t ANY car traffic so we decided to switch to the 4th as the big show.

Of course, it was a lot more work than I realized, I learned quite a bit doing it, and am angling for when to do the next show!

Yeah.... feeing kinda dumb... but I don?t have much for video because I was so focused on the show (we had about 30 guests) which is sorta lame because I did video for work for a decade!

My work experience did help though, I was able to plan out the show pretty well by downloading videos from YouTube of the different fireworks and then mocking it all up in Final Cut Pro - up until one of the big cakes caught fire (lesson 1 I learned) the show looked just like the mock-up.

Anyway - just figured I?d officially say hi since I?m sure I?ll be reading more and more on the site! Thanks y?all!!

PyroManiacs
07-18-2019, 08:18 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

esgrillo
07-19-2019, 01:44 AM
Hello back from the guy from further south in TX, Welcome:cool:

displayfireworks1
07-19-2019, 04:43 AM
Glad to have more forums members from Texas looking to advance further into pyrotechnics. Texas has a surprisingly low number of privately held ATF Display Fireworks license holders . However do not let that discourage you because of a few fireworks enthusiast in Texas pushing things forward and holding firm to change that. Advance at your own pace, using the Cobra system is all part of it.

chriskrc
07-19-2019, 07:09 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you, way to jump right in with the cobra