View Full Version : Firefly firing system

Mississippipyro
07-18-2019, 07:47 PM
Anyone using this system or know much about it?

AxeElf
07-18-2019, 10:06 PM
Anyone using this system or know much about it?

I looked into it as I purchased my first-ever electronic firing system this year. I saw a lot of complaints about the bluetooth connection dropping and the igniters being unreliable. You only get 15 cues that you can't expand on without adding another entire $200 console, and you can't fire those 15 cues in parallel or series, so you can't even gain some extra "virtual" cues. In the end, I went with a 60-cue Chinese system from eBay for $40 less (although I did have to buy a shipload of batteries and igniters, so there's that).

The most common comment on the Firefly is that it's more of a toy than a tool.

MtnViewPyro
07-19-2019, 02:56 PM
It appears to me not to be the best option. Not enough cues and Bluetooth is never reliable. If you’re not ready to take the plunge and get a cobra system, a cheap Chinese system on eBay is your best bet. I have a contact where you can purchase these type systems directly from if your interested. I’m planning on going cobra this year, but the Chinese system has been a great starter for me. As far as batteries, I buy a bulk pack from amazon for really cheap for the amount of batteries you get. The brand is ac delco and have worked great for me.

Robbro097
07-19-2019, 03:00 PM
It appears to me not to be the best option. Not enough cues and Bluetooth is never reliable. If you’re not ready to take the plunge and get a cobra system, a cheap Chinese system on eBay is your best bet. I have a contact where you can purchase these type systems directly from if your interested. I’m planning on going cobra this year, but the Chinese system has been a great starter for me. As far as batteries, I buy a bulk pack from amazon for really cheap for the amount of batteries you get. The brand is ac delco and have worked great for me.

Sounds like were buying the same batteries to feed the Chinese system i buy a pack a yr for it and i dont need aa's the rest the year for anything lol

Mississippipyro
07-19-2019, 03:45 PM
I think I will go with the Biluson system has max cues of 1200 (cost about 3K) the same number of cues with Cobra is about 10K more. But I do love the Cobra

Kooooou
07-19-2019, 04:56 PM
I tried Firefly 2 years ago. I don't know about the newer releases of the unit, but my unit had a max range of about 25' even with new Lithium batteries. It didn't matter which iPad or iPhone I used to control it, Bluetooth is just problematic and limited.

morrison2951
07-19-2019, 08:01 PM
I've been partial to the 6 cue module firing systems. I have a 6 cue '76 Pro Line Series unit and the Quantum Fire 2x6 12 cue system.

Question- both of these firing systems were purchased in the USA from American based companies- are they still considered to be "Chinese" systems? :confused:

MtnViewPyro
07-20-2019, 01:05 PM
I have the one from 76 also. Haven’t tried, but I bet I could sync with the remote from my system. I don’t know about the quantum fire system, but if they look like the 76 they are all the same.

MtnViewPyro
07-20-2019, 01:07 PM
Sounds like were buying the same batteries to feed the Chinese system i buy a pack a yr for it and i dont need aa's the rest the year for anything lol
Lol sounds like it. We use them for the show and then have good batteries for everything else for the year+

Mattp
07-20-2019, 02:11 PM
I think I will go with the Biluson system has max cues of 1200 (cost about 3K)

K means 1000$ correct??? That system maxed out with 1200 cues should still be about 1500$... but that’s a ridiculous amount of cues, mods and as batteries.. LoL

Mississippipyro
07-20-2019, 04:06 PM
K means 1000$ correct??? That system maxed out with 1200 cues should still be about 1500$... but that’s a ridiculous amount of cues, mods and as batteries.. LoL
Would take me a while to work up to 1200, but nice to know I could. As for batteries, something like 1200