PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Illinois

pyroelf
07-18-2019, 05:25 PM
Hi I just wanted to say hello from Illinois. I am looking forward to hopefully learning a few things to improve the charity show I do with my friends every year.

CozmicRooster
07-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the forum. I’m a newbie here as well, located in Springfield.

PyroManiacs
07-18-2019, 08:16 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk! Learn you will. :)

chriskrc
07-19-2019, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you, this is a great place to learn and advance your hobby

Crush630
07-19-2019, 03:30 PM
Hello fellow IL tax payer

Wholesale Fireworks
07-22-2019, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the forum

d34d3ND
07-22-2019, 09:52 PM
Illinois here myself. Where are you located in this fantastic, if not crazy regulated state? Let me know if I can be of any help. I am right on the south-side of Chicago and a recent FEL recipient. So, anything I can do to help, please reach out to me. And, welcome to the forums.

pyroelf
07-22-2019, 10:26 PM
Thank you all for the welcome I am looking forward to talking with all of you. I am in Southern Il about 40 min east of Stl.

d34d3ND
07-22-2019, 10:58 PM
Ohh, wow...yeah, you are way down there :). No worries, please feel free to ask any questions about IL if you need help with anything.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-23-2019, 12:01 AM
Welcome aboard Elf!! Tell us more about the charity show you do. Is it a church thing? HOA show? How did you get that gig? Sounds like a cool thing to do.

Pyro Paul
07-23-2019, 05:44 AM
welcome to pyrotalk!

Crush630
07-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Chicago here

pyroelf
07-23-2019, 08:43 PM
The charity show started with myself and a couple close friends doing a show for friends and family. When people started asking to give us money for fireworks we decided to take the money we collected and donated it to a different charity. This year we got approached by a local business about shooting in the vineyard at a local winery. This is something that we wanted our show to turn into in the future. (didnt think it would be this quick) So now I am trying to learn as much as I can to make the show better and keep it safe and legal.

CozmicRooster
07-24-2019, 12:45 AM
I’ve recently talked to the State Fire Marshall’s Office about this. If you stay with 1.4G class fireworks you don’t have to deal with the Fire Marshall’s licensing as they and the IDNR only regulate 1.3G Display Fireworks. You do have to check with your local governing authority about their permitting requirements though. In my case it is the City of Springfield, which requires the State License to get a local permit. For you, that could be the county or local city/town government. If your local authority allows you to shoot with 1.4G consumer fireworks then you’re good to go unless you want to go bigger, in which case you’ll need to get your ATF, IDNR, and State Licenses. You can do some really great shows with 1.4G. It just depends on the size of the audience and the size of the show.

Illinois State Fire Marshall Application for Pyrotechnics Operators License:
https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/sfm/SFMDocuments/Documents/PyroOperatorLicenseApplication.pdf

Good luck with whichever path you choose. I’ll look forward to future updates.

Crush630
07-24-2019, 04:01 PM
I’ve recently talked to the State Fire Marshall’s Office about this. If you stay with 1.4G class fireworks you don’t have to deal with the Fire Marshall’s licensing as they and the IDNR only regulate 1.3G Display Fireworks. You do have to check with your local governing authority about their permitting requirements though. In my case it is the City of Springfield, which requires the State License to get a local permit. For you, that could be the county or local city/town government. If your local authority allows you to shoot with 1.4G consumer fireworks then you’re good to go unless you want to go bigger, in which case you’ll need to get your ATF, IDNR, and State Licenses. You can do some really great shows with 1.4G. It just depends on the size of the audience and the size of the show.

Illinois State Fire Marshall Application for Pyrotechnics Operators License:
https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/sfm/SFMDocuments/Documents/PyroOperatorLicenseApplication.pdf

Good luck with whichever path you choose. I’ll look forward to future updates.

I see my name on the operator list :)

pyroelf
07-25-2019, 05:12 PM
I intend on getting the ATF IDNR and State licenses. Any help would greatly be appreciated, I will make a post when I get closer to doing all of the licensing process. Thank you all again for the welcome and the offers to assist me.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-25-2019, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Settle in and enjoy!!!

Kevin S
07-30-2019, 05:32 PM
Thank you all for the welcome I am looking forward to talking with all of you. I am in Southern Il about 40 min east of Stl.

Hi pyroelf, I am from Belleville. I just recently got my type 54 thanks to a lot of help from Dave(displayfireworks1). If you have any questions or need help send me a PM with your number enclosed & I will contact you.