PDA

View Full Version : Steel Box Artillery Vs Super Magnums

PyroKing31
07-18-2019, 04:23 PM
Hi All,

First post and all that!

I am perplexed by using 2 products relatively side by side that claimed to have the same weight and vastly different performance. I have had these Steel Box Artillery Small Canister shells from 3D Pyro for a few years and have been slowly using them. I purchased them at sky king and have since moved to a small independent retailer Northeast Fireworks in Tioga PA.

I was shooting these back to back against World Class Super magnums and the Steel box mini cans blew the super mags away. They are about a 1 inch can, blue plain wrapper on the shell itself, but the blast and effect was louder and brighter than the super mags I had. Both claim to be 40gram shells from what i can find online.

I am trying to stick with supporting my local store but I am looking for a good intermediate shell that compares to these. I was left disappointed in the super mags.

I normally ramp my shows up from festival balls to 60G cans and I had thought the super mags would be 3rd in line, only to be outgunned by these little guys I had in phase 2.

If anyone can englighten me on the true weight of these or what other product exists I would appreciate it.

Thank You!

BeerGuyEd
07-19-2019, 08:41 AM
Sorry I do not use either of those shells, but I did want to say welcome to the forums.