PDA

View Full Version : My First Ever Cobra Fired Pyro Musical - 2019

Deanbc
07-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Here is my first ever Pyromusical show using a Cobra Firing System for the first time. I had a few minor failures but the audience never knew The people at Cobra were a great help all along the way. Thanks to Scott for all his help and a special shout out to Joel Robinson for all of his help, both face to face and by email. Thanks to Marcus at Fireworks Forever and to Tim Thurber at S76 for product help. i tried to approach the music part a bit differently than most and I guess my song choice gives away my age...not bad for an old fart..
And yes, there are a few 1.3 products used at the end. Thanks to Dave and his tutorial helping me to get my 54 license.
Anyhow, enjoy and i welcome your feedback

https://youtu.be/63EHx9xFnxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63EHx9xFnxQ&feature=youtu.be

rfgonzo
07-18-2019, 11:51 AM
I would be happy with that for my first PM with cobra. Good job

IndianaPH
07-18-2019, 01:03 PM
Nice show Deanbc. Would you be willing to share your Cobra setup and number of cues that you used for this show? Thanks.

PyroGyro
07-18-2019, 01:42 PM
Absolutely love this show. Proves it doesn't have to always be done with big shell breaks and sky puke. Tastefully done, great choices of color and effects to match the music. Great music too.

Deanbc
07-18-2019, 04:46 PM
I used one 18R2 Remote. A total of 7, 18m’s three used slats. I used one 72m with all external slats so I ran 4 banks of slats from that module and one 72m with onboard cues and I ran 2 banks of slats from that module. I used only one slat per Bank, I didn’t add additional slats (perhaps next year). So counting actual cues I had 270 available and after using my slats and series wiring of some of the product I ended up with a total of 500 cues. I used one Audio box and the Cobra Show Creator to script the show. There were two main firing stations (trailers) and another trailer in the center that held 100 slices and sweeps. In addition there were two remote plywood boards the farthest left and right. I also used one of the above mentioned 18m module to remotely fire the strobes using the new 6 cue mini slats and Cat6 cable.

CozmicRooster
07-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Awesome show! Was the show entirely automated? Can’t imagine the time it took to script that out. Nice job

Deanbc
07-18-2019, 05:48 PM
Awesome show! Was the show entirely automated? Can’t imagine the time it took to script that out. Nice job

Fully scripted using Cobra Show Creator.

displayfireworks1
07-18-2019, 06:32 PM
From Joe's to Pro's is the phrase Scott uses in referencing the Cobra Fireworks Firing System. Thank you for the shout out the ATF license, it pleases me to hear that. I looked at your finale and maybe its a Pittsburgh sort of thing where I am from, I would like to see more boom in your finale next time. LOL

Mattp
07-19-2019, 08:04 AM
excellently done!!! great job...i would not call myself an old fart nor a spring chicken... but loved the music selection!!! some of the 70's rock songs could be a whole 10 min show by themselves..lol... would love to check out your product list including the 1.3 items... had alot of nice stuff in there.. and i know it doesnt transfer well into video sound... but sure looked like a good bit of boom at the end to me!!!... but i also agree that could always have a little more..LOL

Deanbc
07-19-2019, 08:20 AM
excellently done!!! great job...i would not call myself an old fart nor a spring chicken... but loved the music selection!!! some of the 70's rock songs could be a whole 10 min show by themselves..lol... would love to check out your product list including the 1.3 items... had alot of nice stuff in there.. and i know it doesnt transfer well into video sound... but sure looked like a good bit of boom at the end to me!!!... but i also agree that could always have a little more..LOL

I just got my 54 license in mid June so everything was scripted but I did have a few cues left over on a module with slats so I added that stuff at the last minute, just tacked it on at the end. There were 2 huge cakes and then 2 100 shot salute cakes also kicked in. My problem could be the show is about 350 feet from the spot where I set up the camera. So the sound quality wasn?t the best to begin with. We then edited the Gopro video and added the soundtrack on top of the video, adjusted the music volume as best we could given the underlying fireworks sound (volume cranked up) the camera was able to catch. Everything is a learning experience. I?ll see if I can send a copy of the product list. Thanks.

BeerGuyEd
07-19-2019, 08:42 AM
Wow great show. I think there was plenty of boom.

esgrillo
07-19-2019, 08:51 AM
Here is my first ever Pyromusical show using a Cobra Firing System for the first time. I had a few minor failures but the audience never knew The people at Cobra were a great help all along the way. Thanks to Scott for all his help and a special shout out to Joel Robinson for all of his help, both face to face and by email. Thanks to Marcus at Fireworks Forever and to Tim Thurber at S76 for product help. i tried to approach the music part a bit differently than most and I guess my song choice gives away my age...not bad for an old fart..
And yes, there are a few 1.3 products used at the end. Thanks to Dave and his tutorial helping me to get my 54 license.
Anyhow, enjoy and i welcome your feedback

https://youtu.be/63EHx9xFnxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63EHx9xFnxQ&feature=youtu.be

Deanbc, great show. Awesome product selection! An outstanding result for your first Cobra fired pyromusical... looking forward to what you do next.

Dean is one of the guys I collaborate in the background throughout the year exchanging ideas on product and hardware. For a first time pyromucical he is way way advanced!! I can only imagine what he will come up with next especially with that 54.

He is the one that led me to the bigtimepyro racks which are open style, fold flat, noodle free, and available in a 40 count which is the best match for a 36m in my opinion. The will fit any mine or comet you can find that is 1.4 even those new huge 76mm from Dominator... tube style racks will not work with the large diameter devices.

Great stuff Dean!!!

Deanbc
07-19-2019, 11:30 AM
Deanbc, great show. Awesome product selection! An outstanding result for your first Cobra fired pyromusical... looking forward to what you do next.

Dean is one of the guys I collaborate in the background throughout the year exchanging ideas on product and hardware. For a first time pyromucical he is way way advanced!! I can only imagine what he will come up with next especially with that 54.

He is the one that led me to the bigtimepyro racks which are open style, fold flat, noodle free, and available in a 40 count which is the best match for a 36m in my opinion. The will fit any mine or comet you can find that is 1.4 even those new huge 76mm from Dominator... tube style racks will not work with the large diameter devices.

Great stuff Dean!!!
Thanks Ed for the kind words.

Deanbc
07-19-2019, 08:14 PM
I just got my 54 license in mid June so everything was scripted but I did have a few cues left over on a module with slats so I added that stuff at the last minute, just tacked it on at the end. There were 2 huge cakes and then 2 100 shot salute cakes also kicked in. My problem could be the show is about 350 feet from the spot where I set up the camera. So the sound quality wasn?t the best to begin with. We then edited the Gopro video and added the soundtrack on top of the video, adjusted the music volume as best we could given the underlying fireworks sound (volume cranked up) the camera was able to catch. Everything is a learning experience. I?ll see if I can send a copy of the product list. Thanks.

Matt, check your private messages for a product list.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-21-2019, 12:55 AM
Dean! Dude!! You killed it!! I loved the songs. Loved the way you used the slices. Loved the way you used the strobes with what I believe were the photo flash cakes. I'd like to know which cakes you used at the 8 minute mark. Those were cool and really complimented everything else you had going on right there. The finale, despite what Dave had to say, was awesome!! Plenty of boom for a "back yard" show!!

Very nicely done Sir! I humbly bow in your general direction. :cool:

Pyro Paul
07-21-2019, 10:30 AM
Very nice job Dean, well done!! What I'd like to know is how big of crew did you have for setup? I love the venue and I see a lot of good use of a wide range of products in there. Nice finale too, lots of BOOM in there. I liked the music you used too. Was the 1.3 just salutes at the end or did you use some cakes too? Congratulations on pulling off your first pyromusical!

abovegroundfun
07-21-2019, 11:54 AM
Super Nice! Baba O'Riley section was great!

Deanbc
07-21-2019, 04:29 PM
Dean! Dude!! You killed it!! I loved the songs. Loved the way you used the slices. Loved the way you used the strobes with what I believe were the photo flash cakes. I'd like to know which cakes you used at the 8 minute mark. Those were cool and really complimented everything else you had going on right there. The finale, despite what Dave had to say, was awesome!! Plenty of boom for a "back yard" show!!

Very nicely done Sir! I humbly bow in your general direction. :cool:

Thank you Rick for the nice words. I?ll check on the cake at the 8 minute mark and get back to you by PM.

Deanbc
07-21-2019, 04:34 PM
Very nice job Dean, well done!! What I'd like to know is how big of crew did you have for setup? I love the venue and I see a lot of good use of a wide range of products in there. Nice finale too, lots of BOOM in there. I liked the music you used too. Was the 1.3 just salutes at the end or did you use some cakes too? Congratulations on pulling off your first pyromusical!
Thank you Paul. I basically had 2 and a half helpers. My son pitched in a bit the last day. Everything was on trailers, we set up in advance in my garage then brought everything out to the shoot site the morning of the shoot. I had two large 1.3 cakes start the finale and then 2 100 shot salute cakes finished it off.

Deanbc
07-21-2019, 04:36 PM
Super Nice! Baba O'Riley section was great!

Thank you.

Pyromaha
07-23-2019, 12:19 AM
Really nice work.

I have quickly become "pyromusical or bust" and cannot see myself going back. Music makes the whole show so much more immersive and as my brother said "more of a show and not just a bunch of sh!t exploding" Lol.

I love seeing everyone's vision come to fruition. Everyone is so different and its shows in their work. From music choice, to effects, to points of emphasis and how they choose to accent them.

This was a classy piece and again...really nice work.

Deanbc
07-23-2019, 07:48 AM
Really nice work.

I have quickly become "pyromusical or bust" and cannot see myself going back. Music makes the whole show so much more immersive and as my brother said "more of a show and not just a bunch of sh!t exploding" Lol.

I love seeing everyone's vision come to fruition. Everyone is so different and its shows in their work. From music choice, to effects, to points of emphasis and how they choose to accent them.

This was a classy piece and again...really nice work.
Thanks, I enjoyed this entire project. You are correct, adding music brings a whole new dimension into the equation.