PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NE Indiana!

expensive_disaster
07-17-2019, 03:20 PM
I have been a long time lurker of this forum. The information found here has helped me immensely. I have been in charge of the backyard show for 5 years now and every year gets better and better. I hope to learn more from you guys in the future!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-17-2019, 03:25 PM
Welcome aboard disaster! Hopefully that name doesn't refer to a previous backyard show!

So what kind of shows do you do? How big? Do you hand-light or use a firing system? Have any show video from this past 4th of July? Please share it!

expensive_disaster
07-17-2019, 04:15 PM
Hey Rick! I know i have seen you around here quite a few times. Awesome show by the way! Also no, no disasters yet, but i am knocking on wood as i type.

My family and friends backyard show had a budget of ~$1400 this fourth. Every cake is glued down to OSB and chain fused together. In years past we screwed mortar tubes into plywood and reloaded throughout the show.Next year will be my first year using mortar racks. Right now and probably for the next couple of years the show will be hand lit. So you could say i'm a bit of a rookie. I do have a short snippet of this years show i can show you when i get home from work.