PDA

View Full Version : When does Pyroboom typically run their free shipping deal on mortar tubes?

Fox One
07-17-2019, 12:15 AM
I'm going to need to purchase at least 300 HDPE DR11 tubes to get ready for next season. So yeah, you can see why I'd want to get in on the free shipping thing they do each year. LOL. Does anyone know what time of the year they typically do this? Is it Fall, Winter, etc? I'd just like to know to make sure I have adequate funds on hand when the time comes.

Pryofan1
07-17-2019, 08:28 AM
I believe the free shipping is usually after the new year.

joewad
07-17-2019, 12:25 PM
I'm going to need to purchase at least 300 HDPE DR11 tubes to get ready for next season. So yeah, you can see why I'd want to get in on the free shipping thing they do each year. LOL. Does anyone know what time of the year they typically do this? Is it Fall, Winter, etc? I'd just like to know to make sure I have adequate funds on hand when the time comes.

Check the vendor list here. You state you live in Kentucky, depending what part I know Casabella and Little China Nite Lites carry guns but not sure about DR11. A little drive could save you shipping plus make a contact for you (been there done that).

Fox One
07-17-2019, 06:34 PM
Thanks. I'll be ready come the first of the year to take advantage of the free shipping offer to get a bunch of mortars and some extra racks. And honestly, after looking at Pyro Boom pretty closely, I've come to realize that their shipping isn't bad anyway. Most of the other "places" charge as much for shipping as they do the mortars and I was expecting to see the same thing at Pyro Boom. But in comparison, Pyro Boom is very reasonable. I'm not very far from Cincinnati which I am sure helps. But running the numbers, I can get 80 DR11 mortars shipped to my doorstep for $204.00, or about $2.55 per mortar. I can totally live with that. Many vendors charge that much or more before shipping is even factored in, so they are very competitive in their pricing. In fact, I just went ahead and placed an order this morning for 30+ mortar tubes, a couple of their 12 shot racks (to sample) and grabbed a few extra Red Dragon igniters too. Considering I had a 50 lb package, the shipping was extremely reasonable. I can now see why so many experienced pyros speak so highly of the company. I'll probably be ordering from them at least once a month now as I start to lay in supplies for next year.

Also, for the suggestion about looking into Casabella and Nite Lites, I'll do that too. I didn't even realize they carried mortar tubes. Even if they have fiberglass, I'm cool with that too. While I prefer HDPE for longevity, fiberglass is fine too. In fact, fiberglass is the nicest tubes I've used to date. I always save the fiberglass mortar tubes from the kits I buy for use in poor man racks and they've served me well. I'm honestly not very hard on mortar tubes. I usually only shoot on or about July 4th. So the majority of my mortars only launch one shell each season. And I store them and the racks indoors out of the weather, so they seem to hold up very well.