PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from northern Ohio!

retlawman344
07-16-2019, 07:29 PM
Just signed up. Looks interesting and informative. Just an amateur here with a Cobra system because I am a safety freak. Light up the sky around Grafton, Ohio at our July 4th party every year. Look forward to bantering with all of you fellow pyro maniacs!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Welcome aboard retired lawman! Retired Air Force man myself. Thanks for your service!

Did you shoot a show on the 4th? Tell us about it. Post a link to your show video if you have any. Lots of very smart and talented people on here to help you if you need it.

bml215
07-16-2019, 08:49 PM
Hey welcome to the forum lawman!

Robbro097
07-16-2019, 09:42 PM
Welcome to the forums always nice to see another from ohio

retlawman344
07-16-2019, 11:28 PM
First and formost, and thank you for my freedom! Yes, I did shoot on the 4th. We have a family party that we've had for many years. Started here at my house, then a city dweller moved into our country neighborhood and that ended that! lol But by then my son and his wife bought a home further out and the party got moved there. Now we have around 150 to 170 show up. Great family atmosphere, great food and we end with me firing off a pile of fireworks.

I set up GoPro's and they failed this year but I do have some from previous years that I may post once I get a feel for it all. I bought a Cobra system about 5 years ago because my sons wanted to be able to drink some beer with their buds and I didn't want to chance them playing with fireworks after doing so. Best investment ever.

Thank you all again for the welcome....hope to pick up some tips and share some along the way!

Welcome aboard retired lawman! Retired Air Force man myself. Thanks for your service!

Did you shoot a show on the 4th? Tell us about it. Post a link to your show video if you have any. Lots of very smart and talented people on here to help you if you need it.

chriskrc
07-17-2019, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

snickels
07-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the forum! I'm from the Akron/Canton area.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-17-2019, 03:34 PM
I'm originally from Cleveland, so there's a special place in my heart for anything having to do with Ohio. Still miss the fall and the fishing. Oh well...

Sounds like you have a great thing going there!! Sorry to hear the Go Pro's didn't work, but I'm learning they are pretty fickle things. Mine gave me fits this year right up to show time. Purchasing a Cobra system was a great idea. You don't want anyone shooting fireworks when they've been drinking. Do you do scripted shows? Pyro-musicals? Or just light one at a time? Looking forward to seeing some video when you have time to post it!

retlawman344
07-17-2019, 04:27 PM
No scripted shows. Do cakes one at a time working up to a grand finale that's really kind of insane! Bought 100 tubes from Pyro Boom a few years ago, then 100 more the year after, so I've added the mortars. Made my own racks. Probably add more this year, simply because the ones I made are large and cumbersome.

I'm only about 25 miles west of Cleveland and fish a lot too. Walleye have taken over Lake Erie, so if your a yellow perch family like us, have to work to get them.

I'm originally from Cleveland, so there's a special place in my heart for anything having to do with Ohio. Still miss the fall and the fishing. Oh well...

Sounds like you have a great thing going there!! Sorry to hear the Go Pro's didn't work, but I'm learning they are pretty fickle things. Mine gave me fits this year right up to show time. Purchasing a Cobra system was a great idea. You don't want anyone shooting fireworks when they've been drinking. Do you do scripted shows? Pyro-musicals? Or just light one at a time? Looking forward to seeing some video when you have time to post it!