PDA

View Full Version : audio setup for pyromusicals?

bani
07-16-2019, 03:13 AM
The speaker system I had this year was woefully underpowered. 300W and still you couldnt hear a single thing above the fireworks.

What's the cheapest speaker setup for a small audience (~30-40) that you can still hear over the fireworks?

esgrillo
07-16-2019, 07:57 AM
lol.... cheap. If you are like me, that is what you already have. It is probably time to step up to a good mixing board and set of powered DJ speakers. I have a Yamaha Yamaha MG10XU and two QSC K 12.2 speakers. They work great but they are not cheap.

PyroJoeNEPA is the best person on this forum to get advice on what will work best for you when it comes to audio in your venue. I am sure he has some "more affordable" options than what I have.

BTW, not poking fun with the cheap comment just laughing at myself as it seems every time I wanted to do something cheap with this hobby I ending up buying it twice and ending up with the more expensive option anyway.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-16-2019, 03:54 PM
bani--there is an extensive thread already on the Forum discussing this. Search it out and read over the posts. It will give you all the information you need.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-16-2019, 04:07 PM
Joe speaks the truth!! The system he spec'd out for me worked FABULOUSLY this year!! Plently of juice to overcome the sound of the fireworks.

Thanks again Joe!!