PDA

View Full Version : Our 5th Annual 4th of July Extravaganza

Bazerk
07-13-2019, 07:23 PM
Let me know what you guys think! Personally, I?ve done much better but this was the first time at this venue (clubhouse of my neighborhood) so I had to keep it somewhat tame.

https://youtu.be/u-JnXyKKFrI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-JnXyKKFrI&feature=youtu.be

esgrillo
07-13-2019, 10:48 PM
Well done! Good job on the camera angles. Your drone pilot has more balls than mine lol. Liked the product selection and symmetry. Also can appreciate the video editing you did. When you get a lot of camera footage I know it can be pretty tedious keeping that all aligned.

Bazerk
07-14-2019, 09:15 AM
Well done! Good job on the camera angles. Your drone pilot has more balls than mine lol. Liked the product selection and symmetry. Also can appreciate the video editing you did. When you get a lot of camera footage I know it can be pretty tedious keeping that all aligned.

My drone pilot is an actual airplane pilot, lol. However, our intentions was to allow his drone to take hits as he was willing to take the loss should it have happened. Normally, I would have had more drone footage but I just didn't have the time to get mine up, so it is what it is. You are correct in the multiple cameras and lining up the footage to the sound....I do appreciate you taking the time to watch the video man. I know they can get long and boring, but there are a lot of people who cant make it to my show and still want to see it. I am just now learning the whole video editing thin so hopefully they will get better as time progresses. Again, thank you for the kind words bro.

Bazerk
07-14-2019, 09:46 AM
Here is a short video of the setup.

https://youtu.be/vXbPRJdva-0

Mattp
07-19-2019, 09:26 PM
Great show man!! Lynch sure has some nice products.. I would love to take the drive one year .. and you definitely tried to blow that drone up this year.. great angle from straight over the shoot site.. saw a pretty low break in there at some point ... did you have an issue with a mod at some point.. very ballsy walking through that while everything was still going off... HAHAHA!!!

Bazerk
07-20-2019, 11:42 PM
Great show man!! Lynch sure has some nice products.. I would love to take the drive one year .. and you definitely tried to blow that drone up this year.. great angle from straight over the shoot site.. saw a pretty low break in there at some point ... did you have an issue with a mod at some point.. very ballsy walking through that while everything was still going off... HAHAHA!!!

I didn't have an issue with a mod, however, I did have an issue with one of the people who helped me. He assured me that he knew what he was doing and that I shouldn't worry. Well when I noticed that an entire board wasn't firing I walked out there to find that he never even connected the mod to the cakes on that board. This is why I have a hard time letting people help. :(

Robbro097
07-21-2019, 12:07 AM
I didn't have an issue with a mod, however, I did have an issue with one of the people who helped me. He assured me that he knew what he was doing and that I shouldn't worry. Well when I noticed that an entire board wasn't firing I walked out there to find that he never even connected the mod to the cakes on that board. This is why I have a hard time letting people help. :(

I hear that i have 1 buddy i kno i can count on that when he does something its done n done right no need to dbl check other ppl that have tried to help i don't end up getting near as much done because im have to go through when they leave to fix whats not right.

Mattp
07-21-2019, 08:58 AM

Ohhh man... that really sucks... no wonder why you were out there mid show... show still went great!!
I know it is hard to trust people to do it right.. but at the same time it’s almost impossible to pull it off alone..

Pyro Paul
07-21-2019, 11:20 AM
Nice show Bazerk! I seen the intensity cakes in the show but wondered (one of my fav's), the setup video cleared that up for me. Speeding up the setup video makes it seem almost effortless lol. I feel your pain on some of the help that you cannot depend on, seems like I get that every year and am too busy putting everything together to thoroughly check the help's wiring job. I cringe on the inside when I see the wrong shot going up or even worse nothing at all on the cue in the script that I meticulously went thru getting it all down to the gnats ass. You always put on a great fireworks show, thanks for sharing!!

Bazerk
07-23-2019, 10:56 PM
Nice show Bazerk! I seen the intensity cakes in the show but wondered (one of my fav's), the setup video cleared that up for me. Speeding up the setup video makes it seem almost effortless lol. I feel your pain on some of the help that you cannot depend on, seems like I get that every year and am too busy putting everything together to thoroughly check the help's wiring job. I cringe on the inside when I see the wrong shot going up or even worse nothing at all on the cue in the script that I meticulously went thru getting it all down to the gnats ass. You always put on a great fireworks show, thanks for sharing!!

You are absolutely right sir. I almost need to depend on some people or I will never get it done. Just e-matching the cakes alone takes forever. This year I only had to do 260 cakes, but still, time consuming none the less. As you know, thats just the beginning. Writing the script, burn times, boards, transportation, connectivity, double and triple checking the script, cameras, drones plus setting up and managing the entire party that I have that day. The money spent, time spent and just the blood, sweat and sometimes tears that goes into this hobby makes it hurt even more when something doesnt go right. I express my aggravation every time something went wrong and I am quickly assured that nobody (besides my wife) knew that anything was wrong. As you and I both know, that doesnt mean shit to us. It should have gone right and had I been the one to do it myself, it would have. In saying all of that, it will never be perfect for people like me, but the compliments I always get and the fact that the crowd grows every year tells me that I am doing a better job than what they are used to seeing and that comes with a certain level of satisfaction. I will continue to work on my skills and come up with ways to both increase my productivity while getting better accuracy as well. Thanks for watching my video Paul, I do value your opinion!