PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Big thanks to Dave

Birdman
07-12-2019, 05:04 PM
This is my first visit to the forum but have watched just about every one of Dave's YouTube videos. This year at my families annual 4th of July gathering I wowed them with my first electronically fired show. In years past we just lit cakes one a time. I've learned so much in the past year that I even amazed myself and look forward to topping my show year after year. I've even been asked if I could do a baby gender reveal show for a family member. I can see this turning into more than just a hobby and maybe even getting my ATF license someday.

I can't thank everyone who has shared their knowledge but I really want to give Dave a big thank you! I look forward to taking advantage of everything Dave has put out there and hope to learn even more. I'm sure you'll see me around the boards!

Thanks Dave!

MtnViewPyro
07-12-2019, 08:12 PM
That’s great. Two years ago was my first electronically fired show and I’ve grown since then. You have joined the right place, as many of these guys and gals on here are full of knowledge. Welcome to the group!

bml215
07-12-2019, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Robbro097
07-12-2019, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the forums great place to continue to grow. It really is amazing everything dave has done in advancing so many of us myself included. So i take it you enjoyed efiring? Lol

displayfireworks1
07-13-2019, 07:26 AM
Thank you for the compliment Birdman, it always nice for me to hear about those that are advancing further into pyrotechnics. So everyone knows I am still very busy with trying to get at least 2 videos out and playing catch-up with other pyro and home issue. I was out of town for part of the holiday. I am reading the forums but having trouble finding time to post. What a great July 4th week it was. I also see the pyrotalk forums set a new record of 3973 people on line during the date of July 4th, 2019. I remember looking at the number at 12 AM returning from a professional display and it was around 2,700 and continued to climb. Thanks to everyone posting and reading. Always fun to also look at the pictures that are posted. I also received word the next product in the displayfireworks1 Consumer Fireworks series is going to arrive sooner than expected. I'll announce more about that soon.

Birdman
07-14-2019, 11:48 AM
Thanks all for welcoming me to the forum. Now its time to start reading......

Rick_In_Tampa
07-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the boards Birdman! Your story is not uncommon, but still pleasant to read. Many of us were in the same boat not too long ago and now, it seems like light years away. I was actually looking over some old show videos from 2015 and 2016 and what I thought was pretty awesome at the time, now looks pretty horrific!

Now that you are e-firing your shows, I think you're going to find that to be true as well. That's a great thing too!!

Good luck in your quest to be the best pyro you can be. Lots of very smart, talented, and experienced pyros on here to learn from.