PDA

View Full Version : Missouri 1.4 Pyrotechnics- any fellow MO people know where to locate the regs?

SvnTwoo
07-11-2019, 08:30 PM
Evening fellow MO Pyros.

I am curious if there is anything specific to shooting 1.4 Pyrotechnics outside of the permitted 4th of July week? I signed up for and watched Daves AP Cert video, now I am curious about shooting the 1.4 Pyro items during the period of the 4th as well as other times.

I am seraching specific to Lees Summit MO regulations and they are bleak to say the least, only mention I find for permits is related to 1.3 stuff.

Thanks in advance.

MtnViewPyro
07-11-2019, 09:00 PM
As far as I know, it’s specific to the municipality in Missouri. I live in a small town in Missouri and they ask that when I shoot a big show, I obtain a permit through the police station. This is more for them to know exactly where the show will be and what day. I usually can obtain a permit a week before and a week after the 4th. In addition, I can do the same for New Years. I have a decent relationship with the police and council, so if I need to shoot something (not a show) off during the off season, they just request I call them ahead of time. Like you said, there is little regulation to 1.4 and only 1.3.

One suggestion, don’t call around asking. This is a quick way to being told no. Your best bet is to start with your neighbors because they will be the ones calling the cops on you if they don’t like fireworks.

SvnTwoo
07-11-2019, 10:23 PM
As far as I know, it’s specific to the municipality in Missouri. I live in a small town in Missouri and they ask that when I shoot a big show, I obtain a permit through the police station. This is more for them to know exactly where the show will be and what day. I usually can obtain a permit a week before and a week after the 4th. In addition, I can do the same for New Years. I have a decent relationship with the police and council, so if I need to shoot something (not a show) off during the off season, they just request I call them ahead of time. Like you said, there is little regulation to 1.4 and only 1.3.

One suggestion, don’t call around asking. This is a quick way to being told no. Your best bet is to start with your neighbors because they will be the ones calling the cops on you if they don’t like fireworks.

Thanks for the insight MtnView, I am smack dab in the middle of a subdivision and for the most part, I know most everyone in our area and don't believe anyone would call me in (although you never know until it happens). As long as I am respectful and not shooting off late in the night I don't see much issue.

Daves AP license allows me to purchase from the three suppliers he currently has listed, I am also curious if possession of 1.4 Pyro items can pose any issues? I don't believe I will be shooting much if anything off except around the 4th, mainly for test purposes only.

MtnViewPyro
07-12-2019, 12:04 AM
I store 1.4 and 1.4pro items year round in my garage and a storage shed. As long as you can keep them dry you’re good. As far as legal issues, I do not believe there are any laws prohibiting the storage of 1.4 items in your home/garage/out buildings. If something would go wrong, your home owners might give you trouble. However, as long as your safe this won’t be an issue. All last year, I could have had a retail business out of my garage that’s how much I had stored lol.

Mississippipyro
07-12-2019, 09:17 AM
I agree, if your neighbors are on your side it works great, I got approval from my HOA before doing a show for the community. It was turned into an annual event, I have PD and FD personnel who live in the neighborhood that helps :-)