PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Michigan - Matt

MattScott
07-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Matt

While I am not a firework fanatic (yet) I just saw for the first time fireworks that shoot into a body of water and then still proceed with their show. It was amazing, especially since their planned launch was with other fireworks so noticing them hit the water was not something I saw coming.

My sister who is getting married this weekend was in awe, she happens to be getting married basically on a private lake. I am doing my best to see if I can surprise her with a few of these - but running into road blocks. anyone with suggestions or tips?

BeerGuyEd
07-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the forums.

I think what you are looking for is a water cake. I believe Dominator makes them in their Pro series. I have never used them so not sure if they come with standard fusing or just an e-port for firing.

MattScott
07-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Thank you BeerGuyEd!

They seem to all require federal license or from what I can tell. Thinking I may need to hire someone to get this done.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the forums! The guy you want to talk to is Pyro Dan. He just used them in his show, and he is from Ohio. So my guess is his supplier is probably close to you too.

Other than that, you should get a hold of the folks in the Michigan Pyrotechnic Arts Guild (MPAG). I'm sure they can help you. Someone in the guild might even be able to do the show for you!

https://mpag.org/site/index.php?page=start

Kenny East
07-13-2019, 04:17 AM
Bit late, but greetings and welcome from a fellow michigander.

chriskrc
07-15-2019, 07:16 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you. I saw a show where these were used a week ago, they are really awesome.

Robbro097
07-15-2019, 07:23 AM
Looks like in my price list from American fireworks they carry a red and a silver water cake by dominator pro