PDA

View Full Version : ATF license with a record

BenB
07-09-2019, 02:44 AM
Hi I'm a 20 year old from Iowa and am interested in getting an ATF type-54 license. Problem is, I have a simple misdemeanor charge on my record, and to my knowledge, it will last for 6 years. The charge was actually for lighting fireworks out of season (go figure). I was charged nearly a year ago and I was wondering if I could still get the license? I know I have to be 21 (my birthday is in March) but I'm wondering if I can get it with a criminal charge on my record.

Mattp
07-09-2019, 07:35 AM
i think youll be ok...with a misdemeanor.. a felony may be a different story... i know theres a million questions..i highly recommend daves dvd packet

d34d3ND
07-10-2019, 04:20 PM
You should be just fine with a misdemeanor. You don't need to offer up to them that you have a misdemeanor, let them ask you about it. Being that it is a non-violent offense, they are likely to look past that as well. Only way to know for sure is to try though. I had misdemeanor, although they were 20+ years old. I learned about them because of going through FEL process. So, I don't have to explain myself in the future, I have already expunged a few of them and will get the remainder removed. For misdemeanors, I believe it is 3 years to expunge them. If you are ready to give it a shot, https://www.atf.gov/explosives/apply-license